PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Interested in hearing what you are particularly proud of? Pride not being in the boastful, arrogant type, nor supporting the Illusion of Superiority, but just the feel good type. It can be family, certain long sought after material acquisitions, etc.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
that i am still alive sane and not using drugs.

Bit iffy on the sane though but hey! i wont tell them if you won't.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm with Arthur on this one... My two daughters and my grandson.

As for material... I have to go with a two-fer...

My MBA and my Fat Boy I was allowed to acquire for that accomplishment.

DSC00459.jpg

Jul 15, 2011
Im most proud of the fact that I kicked my alcohol habit when I started dating my current girlfriend. It was bad for a while, but with her help she pulled me out of a bad situation. It was also a blessing because after I kicked the alcohol habit, I started working on my pipe and tobacco collection, which I have to say I am also very proud of. :puffy:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Congrats,Matchstickman!
For myself - easy - my three daughters. All in their 20's, all college grads (3 different schools!), all have got good jobs that can't be off-shored, all home-owners. 1 married, 1 engaged, and 1 - only been with this guy for 5 or 6 years. One of these days she'll decide she's ready to get married. No grandkids - but when two aren't married, that's a good thing! :D :puffy:

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
For me (sorry if this seems just arrogant) I would say my position in life. I am 26, turn 27 tomorrow and I am mostly ashamed of my generation as I feel it is full of lazy self entitled slobs who don't want to work for anything and feel they are owed everything. I my short time here, I just bought a brand new $160k house in June, bought 2 new cars this past weekend and my wife is pregnant.
I have done all this with just me and my wife. No help from our parents or anyone else. That is what I am most proud of. I don't feel there are many in my generation willing to work for the things they want in life.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I am proud of my 3 kids for coming from a rough situation and then kicking it in the jewels by succeeding at being awesome human beings. I am proud of my husband for being a great father to his children, and finding a job he loves and doing it extremely well. Materially, I'm rather fond of my extensive library and that my love of reading is rubbing off on everyone in my house.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Im' proud of being a U.S.M.C. Vet, and proud to be a member on this fine site with all You fine folks. :worship:

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I'm most proud on my three children, oldest (son) is a fireman, second (son) is a police officer, and my youngest (daughter) is going to college to become a veterinarian. Just couldn't ask for more.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I am proud of my wife and the baby in her belly. I am proud that after having 20+ surgeries and years of being in and out of the hospitals that I will finally (I am 27) be graduating from college, the first in my family. I am proud to say that I have done no of this alone and I am proud to be an American.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
My three little girls, ages 2, 4, 6 and my wife who is a stay at home that puts up with all of our crap!

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
@marmal4de lol. Yeah. I live in Houston. For $160K I got a 2,500sf 2 story, 4 bedroom 2.5 bath brick house with a game room, office and garage. It has a covered attached back patio that covers the width of the house as well as a front covered attached patio on the front that covers the width minus the garage. All brand new and built to my specifications.
Housing in Houston and most of Texas is much more affordable then the majority of the US.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Richard.....where in the world have you been? Great to see you back with us, you have been surely missed and naturally you deliver again another wonderful picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.