What are you going to get this Black Friday?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Ah I never thought of a motor for a buffing wheel. I plan on getting a USB jump drive and some movies.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
This may come as a "downer"....but I plan to get some peace and quiet by avoiding the crowds and all their germs.

reddazes

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2010
I will be working.... most of, if not the whole day. So it is safe to assume that when I do have a few moments off work I will be cowering at home, rocking back and forth in a little corner crying "make them go away, make them go away" ^_^ Ah retail.....

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
I will be in a deer stand... reflecting on my many blessings,and what do I hope to get..

a Big 10 Point with about 155 inches of horn!!

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
Hilo's got the right idea. An extended nap and leftovers.

Might get a clean garage. Maybe some F-Troop dvd's.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I'll be home all day. I see no sense what-so-ever in going out. What folks have done to Christmas is nothing short of a crying shame.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Hey Bubba Toshiba online has some great deals right now .You can a get a laptop for less than 400 with upgrades . I got my a daughter a Zune HD from Newegg for 206.00 today . The wife and I do not exchange gifts and I too think they have messed up Xmas . We decorate , cook a nice meal and count our blessings . To us it is not about how much useless crap we can put under a tree . It can be fun to watch people try to kill one another for a three dollar Barbie at WallyWorld though .

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I refuse to shop in that sensationalized consumer frenzy. The Sheeple will be busy that day, swiping their credit cards and further enslaving themselves to the people who have all the money.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I'll be driving home from Rock Hill, South Carolina. Would like to stop at JR for some tobacco, but I'm not setting foot in there on Black Friday. Hopefully the roads will be clear, though.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
It's only Black Friday if you follow all the hyped up sales techniques employed by stores to aleviate you of your hard earned cash 4 weeks ahead of the actual event.

The Christmas period never fails to amaze me, especially when it is starting earlier and earlier each year.

Traditionally the 12 days of Christmas lasted from Christmas Eve until 6th January and that was it. The Christmas tree went up on the evening of December 24th and came down 12 days later when Christmas finished. Not as it seems now, Christmas Tree up in August and down again in February when all the needles have fallen off. Go on, tell me when your town/city/village started putting up Christmas decorations, and we are not even into December yet.

You know there is something wrong when a one day Christian holiday has a bearing on just about every other religion in the World, especially when everything that surrounds it has absolutely has beggar all to do with the actual day itself.

I'm with Arthur on this one. And I won't be handing over my cash to some greedy shopkeeper who has a real problem with the calender and thinks Christmas lasts 3 months of the year and uses it as an excuse to put his/her prices up. Bah Humbug indeed!!!
While we are on the subject, do you know why there is a Fairy at the top of a Christmas Tree? Well one day a Fairy was walking down the road with a Christmas tree under one wing when she met up with Father Christmas. She stopped and said to Father Christmas... "Where shall I put this tree?"

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Wow! What a bunch of Black Friday curmudgeons we have! Don't you fellas remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving? Don't you remember when the Pilgrims came to the enw world and the indians showed them how to be thankful for all stuff they could buy. At our house, we'd spend the day sitting around the Thanksgiving table thinking of all the things we'd be thankful for in the morning, but forgetting to give thanks for all the shiny things that delighted our raccoon like minds from last year. My brother and I would have competitions to shape our mashed potatos into the wonderous goods we'd buy tomorrow. Who ever won got first dibs on the Visa card in the morning! Don't you fellas remember going to sleep early on Thanksgiving, thoughts of shopping and super cheap electronic gizmos dancing around your head? Looking forward to getting up at 4 am as a family so you could wear your winter coats around a mall, sweating under the nylon and down while your parents bickered with other parents over who got there first?
Good times...simplier days...

Status
Not open for further replies.