PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I am a collector. I collect pipes in memory of my dad who passed away. He was a pipe smoker. My mom has emphysema and is in extremely poor health. I could not smoke as it would be disrespectful to her.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm both... I'd also posit that anyone who's in any way selective in the pipes they add to their "rotation" is also collecting.
-- Pat

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Well I guess I am a smoker turned collector as I figured out what I like the best about pipes. I have my work pipes and my home pipes. My work pipes get abused, dropped, and burn all day long. Kicked around the truck, the jobsite get wet in the rain and all around just abused. Then I have my home pipes that get cared for, cleaned after each use, represent excellent carvers I have known personally and are dedicated to certain tobaccos. I kinda feel bad for my work pipes as I write this. Maybe boxing day I'll treat them to a cleaning! Oh just a question for the rest of your guys, how many bowls a day set apart a smoker from a collector lol

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
A smoker... I have only collected a single pipe. Every other was refurbished or in the process of to be sold to pay for TAD. I do however seek out and replace pipes in my rotation, but I'm not loathe to part with some of my pipes either.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Pruss, " I'm both... I'd also posit that anyone who's in any way selective in the pipes they add to their "rotation" is also collecting.

Or trying to find the best Smoker.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I was a collecter. After collecting,cleaning,polishing I did start smoke every eachone

to find eachone's character then I become a smoker to enjoy eachone.

vigil

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
More of a smoker than a collector... But, I collect all the tools it takes to be a proper pipe smoker. I figure the toolbox will be complete somewhere around a couple weeks before I assume room temperature.

gentlemanjerry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Im a Smoker of the pipe.......who has "collected" about 200 tins, bags, pouches of fine luxury tobacco........about which a third of them are opened!

Status
Not open for further replies.