What are the best vanilla + the best maple baccys have you ever tried?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Vanilla- MacBerens Vanilla Cream and VBC have to be my favorite. Kinda a toss up as for which ones better. VBC is sweet and strong while MacB's is a little spicy. A pinch of both is a nice creamy round flavor that I like to do once in a while.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Ditto on the Mac Baren Vanilla Cream. One of our members, Jud, once said
Stanwell's Vanilla is also pretty good; lots of oriental in there. Smoke it in a big bowl to really let the flavors out.
Any suggestions on the maple flavor?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
McClellands Townsman Cavendish Blue is my maple go to. I have read of others on this forum that are like smoking pancakes, lol, but I do not remember what they are.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
When I get a hankering for Vanilla / Maple, I turn to one of the few Canadian tobaccos I keep on hand, Brigham's (Mr. B's) Vanilla / Maple. I find the tobacco flavours (Black and Gold Cav., Burley, and blended Va's I would guess) can still be found through the casing; and the aromatic flavours don't compete for center stage, but rather compliment each other very well. Most importantly, however, there is actually enough nicotine to satisfy, something I cannot say about many aromatic blends.
Fortunately, at $35 per 50g, I don't get that hankering very often...

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Mac B Vanilla Cream gets my vote. I'm still working on my very first tin. Love at first smoke! Never tried a maple flavor so can't comment on that.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
For vanilla I always reach from Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream (loose/flake). Great smooth creamy vanilla flavor with just the right amount of natural tobacco. The flake tends to burn longer and cooler than the loose cut, and to me it seems to have more intense flavor than the loose, but both are awesome. Haven't delved much into the world of maple flavored blends. Can't help there, sorry.

sdcowboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2011
Rapid City, SD
I like two maple flavored blends...CD Autumn Evening and McClelland Town Topic. Both are smooth to the smoker and satisfying to the non-smoker.

tedvig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2011
McClelland TQ is pretty darned good, although I love Lane BCA.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Best Maple Blends - Altadis Maple Street and Canadian Maple by House of Calabash, Maple Steamer by Rich's Cigar Shop.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
It's funny how some vanilla and maple aromatics seem to make the room note more important than the flavor.
That's how I find MacBaren's Vanilla Cream
C&Ds autumn evening has better flavor, and the Peter Stokkebye's vanillas (there's a few) are quite good.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
My favorites are:
Green River Vanilla (Vanilla flavor) - by C&D.
Autumn Evening (Maple flavor) - by C&D.

McClelland's Town Topic is another great Maple flavor, as well

______________________________________________________________________________________________

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Yea, I heard that is great, too, but I have not yet tried it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

greezly

Lurker
Mar 23, 2012
MacBaren's Vanilla Cream ordred :) , gonna give it a shot . Thank you all for your precious answers and advices .

Status
Not open for further replies.