PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
I can't seem to find what I want. Basically, I want a briar that smokes like a cob. Not taste wise, but I want something that can handle the abuse I give my cobs. What I mean by that is, many bowls a day (8-10) with no rest day. Just constant smoking. I just want something that... Doesn't look like a cob. Do you know what I mean? I put my cobs through the ringer almost every day. They never gurgle, and always smoke cool. Doesn't anyone know of a pipe that is like that? The only other pipe that can somewhat compare to hold up is my grabow omega.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are a lot of mid-level pipes that are durable good smokers, and some lower level ones as well. To name

just a few, unfinished Savenellis at Cup O Joes (among other places; Iwan Ries Exclusives at their web site;

and Dr. Grabow Royaltons are mighty nice, though you might want to leave out the filter. Also, try Forever

stems on your cobs, which upgrades the pipes quite a bit. There is a long list of good, tough, not expensive

pipes, but those are a few of my picks.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for the recommendation. Went to look for one of those savinelli a and I think I'm gonna grab this one. http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=H&srch=KW&item=savs3v413

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
You could always look at getting a Falcon. The interchangeable bowls would fit your needs and you can get the stem in black if you do not like the silver. Another option would be the Falcon International series. Uses the same bowls as regular the regular stems but looks more pipe-like.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks guys. I've been looking at a falcon. I'm guessing they are good smokers because a lot of people like them. and being able to swap bowls and let one sit for a day would be fantastic. What are your guys's thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.