PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
Ok, "Crumbles" is probably not the right terminology, but I don't know what is, too wet behind the ears? So I'm calling all the tiny little pieces of tobacco (about the size of dirt)that are siting at the bottom of the tin when the "big" pieces of tobacco have been taken out and smoked.
Sometimes I'm just enjoying my smoke so much that I want to keep going, and I've got the time so onward...
HOWEVER, all that's left at the bottom of the tin are the Crumbles. When adding them to the top, unfortunately they cook down really quick, and probably don't give much in flavor, and quickly turns to ash???
What would you do?
Thanks
Todd

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I do what Cosmic does and put the shake on top of the bowl to help get it going.

david98

Lurker
Apr 3, 2017
Aye always good on the top, or to put onto a half smoked bowl if you want a longer smoke...

danno44

Lurker
Jan 4, 2017
If it's a tiny amount I do as Cosmic mentioned. If I have more leftovers but not enough for a bowl, ill combine it with another baccy for a layered bowl, or if it's something I cellar, just add it to the next bowl when I crack the next tin/jar.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Put them on top of the packed bowl. They catch fire more easily and act as kindling for getting and keeping the fire going.
+1 Cosmic. Best way to get a bowl going easily and evenly!
Tim

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Another thing you can do is take that fine tobacco dust and coat the inside of your new pipe with some agave (cactus) nectar or light honey. Then put the dust in the pipe and shake it around like a shake & bake. Dump the stuff out that does not stick in place. Sit the pipe down for a day and let dry, then put the loose dust back in, shake around some more, then lightly take your finger and go around pressing the sides firmly in place. Dump out the loose.
If you want, you can let it dry another day, then fill with your favorite blend and smoke. A delightful way to break in a pipe and develop a really wonderful, thin, natural cake!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I've always just called it "shake", a loanword from the pot-smoking crowd. And I, too, use it for kindling on top of the bowl.

When I hear "crumble", I think of crumble cake tobacco.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I try to grab a little of the "crumbles" and throw it on top of every bowl for the last 1/4 of the tin or so. At the end of the tin, I dump whatever's left into the next tin and start the whole cycle over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.