PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this but there has been a fire raging here pretty close to my house. It's been pretty freaky as people are being evacuated and a natural preserve being destroyed! My heart goes out to those who have been directly hit by this as well as the damage it has done to that area in terms of the wildlife and whatnot. Since it literally just up the street from me I have been hiking through there many times and it really hurts that it will never be the same.
These winds we have been experiencing these past few days have not helped much either. Wind gusts up to 80 mph+ aren't helping out the firemen put that thing out either. Luckily the wind has died down these past few hours so it will be easier to contain and it doesn't smell like a fire anymore outside. Earlier it was so smokey outside I didn't want to step outside for anything.
Please raise a bowl to those who have been hit by this.

racerx

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2014
Southern California
With yesterday's heavy winds, we could smell the fire all the way over here on the coast in Long Beach. Today is a lot calmer. Hope they get a handle on it soon and nobody gets hurt.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Damn, another fire. I live in Palos Verdes, but right now I'm in France. Where's the fire?

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I believe this is the fire bryanf
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/05/01/3433047/california-wildfire-season-begins/
Correct me if I'm wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.