PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
This morning while making my eggs and bacon I thought some bulk tobacco I got from a B&M called English Breakfast would be perfect. I let it out to dry but an hour later it was still wet. In my impatience I packed the bowl and lit it up. While it was still wet, it has stayed lit for a long time. I do not understand this enigma.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
It's my opinion that some tobaccos do better at higher moisture contents than others. For example, I believe an English will do somewhat better when moist than say, an aromatic.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
My experience has lead me to believe that moist tobacco does not work whether Va's or the 'English' varieties
Most troublesome is the bite on my tongue
iMHO

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I prefer my tobacco to be a tad moist, certainly not wet but in my experience when it it too dry, the flavors get lost and it burns hot. As long as your tobacco is burning well, and the flavors are great, I would not worry if it is a bit moist.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I've also found that I like my tobacco a little moist. Especially English blends. McClelland's English stuff have always worked well for me because they tend to be a little heavier in moisture out of the tin. Despite that and long debated essence of ketchup, they've always smoked and tasted great to me. I have found that if I let tobacco get too dry, it burns hot and tastes really harsh and unpleasant to me. I know some guys that enjoy the stuff damn near crispy. All about personal preference I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.