Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Hello everyone,
I have been absent from the forums and from pipe smoking in general for quite a while now. Between incessant work and saving for an upcoming trip I have been too distracted to pay much attention to my pipes. I am an occasional smoker in the best of times, but I had unintentionally abandoned the hobby of late. When I started smoking again the other day, however, I decided to open my first GLP tin - Westminster.
What can I say? It is a lovely tobacco that offers all I could ask for from an English blend. My ability to describe my sensory experiences seems to have dulled with disuse over the past few weeks, so I can't do Westminster full justice beyond stating the obvious fact that I enjoyed it immensely.
This has brought me to call upon you gentlemen for suggestions of the next tin I should order. I would like something similar yet with a stronger Latakia presence. I think I am finally ready to try some smokier and more robust blends. I have found myself craving the Cyprian campfire taste ever since I charred Westminster for the first time!
Any recommendations? I need a refresher - I haven't been reading any posts or tobacco reviews so I feel out of the loop...

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
My advice would be to just order more Westminster in 16 oz cans for cellaring!
Here is my attempt to promote the blend: http://pipesmagazine.com/westminster/
Liking the Latakia content led me to other English Blends in the Pease line up, like Abindon, Charing Cross and Odyssey, but I always come back to Westminster. My biggest fear would be for this blend to be discontinued. Let's just hope Greg has secured a large amount of the ingredients, so it doesn't go the way of his Syrian Latakia blends. And that he doesn't have another warehouse fire which took the Syrian. Great blends!

Status
Not open for further replies.