PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Good Day All;
I hope I'm not the only one thinking to November for the Las Vegas Show. Anyway, thought I'd do a little You Tube look see if any hints for the current reno situation at The Palace Station might look like. I found this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CFl4CLbEXw
Looks like Jack's will remain gone. Looks like higher limit slots are in that room.
The Grand Café appears to have been changed into a very nice huge buffet, on the main floor.
Oyster Bar is still there.
I also see possibly 2 new restaurants.
Anyway, check out the video. I did see a few others on You Tube, but as they were created by the hotel and local media, I thought the one I've offered ( from a users view ) might be more interesting and true to fact.
Hope to see many of you at the show.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Palace Station has done, and is still doing extensive remodeling. The lion's share is complete and they should be almost 100% wrapped up by showtime.
If anyone who is planning on attending has any questions about Vegas, places to go, places to eat, etc., just ask and I'll do my best to help out.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Hi Mike,
Many thanks for the post. I'm going to the show and am very interested to hear about what's happening at the Palace Station.
The main question in my mind is whether there will be a public venue friendly to pipesmokers. For many years Jack's Pub was the central gathering place before, during, and after the show. It's loss last year was hugely felt by all the attendees I talked to. At the time I heard that the remodeling was supposed to result in a new venue to take the place of Jack's; any sign of that being the case?
Thanks,

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.