PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
wessex.jpg

Whenever I make an order, I always throw something completely new to me in to give it a try. I have never tried any Wessex blends and chose Gold Virginia Flake randomly.
I like it! I've smoked it Ben Wade Golden Matt, Danish Pride, and Regal pipes. It has a nice Va grassy taste with a slight citrus undertone. Very faint on the fruitiness, but it lends itself to a nice balance to the natural sweetnes of the Va leaf.
Has anyone else experience with the other Wessex blends? I may have to explore this brand some more.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Gold Brick is a sleeper, it's a semi sweet nice virginia that is not stunning, but a fun break from the routine.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
It was $11.29 at 4noggins and I ordered enough other stuff for free shipping. Its a 50gr. tin. I didn't think that was bad for an imported blend.
This is my first Wessex blend, so it was a total shot in the dark. I'll give the Gold Brick a try some day.

tedvig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2011
Brown VA flake is awesome. I just received some of the Red Va flake from them. I'll keep ya posted.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
I have to say, this stuff is wonderful. :worship:
I've almost finished my tin in the two weeks since I received it. That has to be some kind of record for me. I smoke a lot of VAs, especially in the summer time, and I am ordering some more of this ASAP.
It was a nice discovery. Anyone looking for a nice VA flake, I recommend this.

Status
Not open for further replies.