PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
Excellent sweet Virginia back in at SP.com. Virginias look to be coming back in after a hiatus.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
giphy.gif

Jul 12, 2011
and.......it's GONE!
Just gave me an excuse to snag a few tins to try out along with another few lbs of GLP's JackKnife Plug and Triple Play :worship:

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I laughed out loud at the GIF above. Nice @folanator!
I saw this on smoking pipes, put it in my cart (at least to see 9 tins remaining) and then deleted it out of the cart. This is one that has not been on my radar of things to try, so the only reason I would think to buy it is because it is being posted about. I have done that for others, but now starting to question if its worth it.
Its been posted before by some of the veterans on this forum, but the some of the best tobacco is the one you smoke without fear of running out of another bowl.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Bring on the hoard(ers) and accusations of incivility.
Such dopey stuff. It's only tobacco folks. Relax and well, smoke a pipe.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
I saw this on smoking pipes, put it in my cart (at least to see 9 tins remaining) and then deleted it out of the cart. This is one that has not been on my radar of things to try, so the only reason I would think to buy it is because it is being posted about. I have done that for others, but now starting to question if its worth it.

I learned my lesson on the Dunhill Dark Flake as to back in stock..That 1 took 15mims out of 155 Tins...And the Feedback.

I have a # that I will spend and it's in your cart...Buy It...Now I will PM what I find and no more posting Back In-Stock.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I often fill my cart to hundreds of dollars. I pretend to order it, then close the tab/window.
It makes me feel like a big spender but I still have my dinero... :lol:
Coping mechanisms of the financially impaired!
jay-roger.jpg

Reactions: a3zname

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Dragon, you gotta be close to a hundred pounds of Jackknife by now, ha! I tried it on your suggestion and quickly discovered that strong burley was not an instant hit with me. It will age and I will try again! But your other recommendations were spot on!
And speaking of PM, is there such a thing as a group PM to let more than one person know of an in stock notification? I know we are only one of many forums, but that would be a good way to tell those interested.

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
Now I will PM what I find and no more posting Back In-Stock.
Feel free to PM me. I'm generally curious about what's coming into stock regardless of whether I decide to pick up a tin. (Sometimes, it's another blend I'm looking for but the info. gives me a head's up that the blender is resupplying.) I have alerts set up for some tobbacos but those alerts are not 100% reliable. I have an alert setup for Wessex Gold Flake, but not Slice.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Cohibajoe ignore the herd on the other thread that discouraged your "back in stock" post. You're not the only person that has posted a back in stock thread. Many prestigious members do it, and what happen with you was just typical jealous frivolous banter.
Personally I don't advertise back in stock, because it's not my job to do the tobacco shopping for my neighborhood. On a serious note, I'd let a few members know about tobaccos in stock via pm. And that only being if I know that person has been looking for something's in particular, and has had a hard time beating the herd to the trough.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Feel free to let me know when....
Gwaith comes back in stock

Donkey schlongs return

Esoterica re-surfaces

Jul 12, 2011
This stuff is crazy good! I get the lemon cream flavors others have described , but with only a few tins at the ready - I'm going to have to back off of this one otherwise I will be out in a month, ugh

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Has anybody tried the gold brick? Is it the same blend just sliced vs. brick?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ekert, Gold Brick is a different blend. I really enjoy playing with the plug that is Brick as it is dense and hard as a rock. Age of course does wonders for the both of them.
In that same type of flake, I cellared Capstan Blue flake and Dunhill flake over 100 tins each and only cellared the Gold flake to about 30 deep. I enjoy the Wessex but the other 2 have more flavor to my tastes.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I just ordered 4 tins of Wessex Gold Slice, just by googling around. It's out there. Or, perhaps more accurately, it was out there.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It's a very good tobacco but as Harris mentioned, I think there are better blends of the same genre. I'm not a fan of the campaign Brigade either. Good but not great to my taste buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.