PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Went to the GA RenFest today, while there was surprised by the two vendors who had pipes for sale. One was solid wood with wood stem, the other was various woods with cheap stems. They were a bit high priced, but I was surprised by the presence of them. Never had them there before. Is this another sign of the return of pipe smoking?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Could be - I saw a couple of pipes for sale at our local Ren Faire last year, probably in an attempt to cash in on "LOTR" (churchwardens, made in China). Also saw a belt 'pouch' for pipes and tobacco at the leather merchant.
Will be interesting to see if there's more or less this year, if I go... :D

Jan 8, 2013
Let the return come. I don't care if it is LOtR freaks smoking wannabe Gandalf pipes. At least the hobby is picking up people. Alot of them will start there and progress into the rest of the pipe world. It is a great hobby, bring on the newbies!

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
A lady behind me in line at Walmart (who couldn't be bothered to stand any further than six inches away from me, btw), interjected herself into a conversation I was having with the cashier, so I figured I'd play along, and continued the conversation by asking some irrelevant question. Long story short, she said her and her friends were in town for a local "Ren Fest". I say "What?" to which she replied "The Ren Fest in Amana". Again I say... "The what fest?"
She had a good bit of trouble hiding her extreme displeasure induced by my ignorance of what a "Ren Fest" is... "THE RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL!!??!?" she retorted. "Oh." I said. "Well, have a good time."

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
She was trying to get you to go with her but you blew it, lost and found.
oh and why is there no pics of these ten fest pipes? Or at least some descriptive alliteration on the matter?

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Sorry necron99 pictures were not allowed. The one pipe was all wood. He told me the wood, but I dont remember it. Not briar or olive wood. The other was combination of woods made into a unique design.

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
A completely wood church warden with a nice arch to the stem would be cool to have.

I keep hearing that there are a few pipemakers setting up at the Trade-Day out at one of the local state parks. I need to get out there to see these. I guess a Trade-Day is sort of Southern version of a Ren Fest, but instead of jousting, there are drunken brawls in the parking lot. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.