PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
My very first order from P&C and they totally screw it up! I got my Dunhill Sampler and the Goodie Box from the Customer Appreciation Sampler.
But here's the kicker, They only sent the goodie box.....no pipe, lighter, tobacco, ect from that entire set.....wtf!?!?!
I was hoping I wouldn't have a bad experience but jesus, this is sad, that's like 90% of my order missing. I called customer service and they have to talk to there supervisor to see what they can substitute, I'm assuming they don't have anything left over. I'm so pissed right now. I was really looking forward to this since I just had surgery yesterday.
So, what other places do you guys shop from? I'm not so sure P&C will see my business ever again.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I shop lots of different places, usually the vendors which support this site. Some of them have even made a mistake or two previously, which I understand can happen. I just get the problem corrected and move on. If the seller commits a fraud or other criminal act I take my complaint to the proper state agency. I find taking such situations personally is usually counterproductive and results in a lot of unnecessary stress.
Usually once my complaint reaches the proper level in the company I get a fairly quick and satisfactory resolution.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
First, let me say I have no problems with P&C; any minor glitches I may have had over the course of MANY orders were rectified quickly and fairly. So P&C still gets the bulk of my online business.
I have dealt with Smoking Pipes.com, WV Smokeshop, and Aristocob, but not on nearly the same scale as P&C. They are all good; I have no complaints against any of them. I did have a major shipping fiasco with SPC once, but it was not their fault; it was the fault of the worthless, execrable, garbage excuse of a shipping company they use. And no, the other one is not any better, so if anyone is an employee, retiree, or dependent of either of the two big shipping companies, I don't want to hear it. Shit service is shit service.
If you want to do "one and done" with P&C, go ahead, but I think you would be doing yourself a disservice.

noquarter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 18, 2015
I've had my share of mishaps (Smokingpipes and Cupojoes),all were courteously rectified by the store. Pretty sure P&C can fix it also.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I will say that on a recent shipment with P&C there was a carrier problem and P&C jumped into action and more than adequately rectified the situation quickly. Everyone makes mistakes, and these are trying times for the pipe industry. Shortages abound. One mistakes does not a pattern make. I say, give them a chance to rectify the situation and see what you get. Be patient. After a couple more orders from them, then decide whether you like them or not.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Since it was your first order with P&C, I can understand your feelings, but I'm like Cosmic though. I've spent many thousands, on orders from them, and any problems were mostly a misunderstanding on my part. Any real problem was fixed right away.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
Yeah, I'm sure I over reacted there. Surgery/Pain coupled with how badly I was looking forward to the package didn't help. :(
I still can't fathom how they missed putting all this:

​1 - Casillero Pipe

1 - tin Cult Blood Red Moon

1 - tin D.E. Gatsby Luxury Flake

1 - pouch C'est la Vie Pipe Tobacco

1 - pouch Erin Go Bragh Pipe Tobacco

1 - pouch John Bull Pipe Tobacco

1 - pack of 50 Pipe Cleaners

1 - Metal Screw Together Tool

1 - Daily Zipper Pouch Vinyl

1 - CAO Lighter
Into the box. That's 10 items!
They did call back and rectify the mistake. They have to substitute the lighter with a Stanwell lighter - which actually seems to work like my Zippo pipe lighter. They said they are also upgrading the pipe to a Baraccini, I'm to new to pipes to know if that was an upgrade or not to be honest. I looked them up and they seem to look nice.
Now, I just have to wait for the goods. I hope they get them out fast so they are here by Saturday. I'm looking forward to that new pipe and the tobacco!
Thanks all for bringing me back down to earth.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My very first order from P&C and they totally screw it up!
Tried them three or four times, and that was my experience every time. Only deal with SPC, Iwan Ries, and CupoJoes now. Pitiful shipping department.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have never had a problem with P&C or anyone else for that matter.

However I recently went back to just walking over to Iwan Reis on a Saturday and buying 2 or 3 tins a week. It costs a little more but I feel good about supporting them
The only tins I order online are McCrains or Russ O's stuff.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My experience with PC has been good. One slightly dinged can of Russ's Fire Storm, but mostly pipes and tobaccos shipped promptly and safely packed. I really like Russ's various blends from Fire Storm, Log Cabin, and his experimental Balkan M-61 to Home and Hearth Midtown Chestnut. I cannot beat their prices on Stanwells, anywhere. The are fine pipes at discount prices. They keep many customers happy, and I'm one of them.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
It's good to hear that most of you have had good experiences. Just seems to be a fluke, and one that couldn't have happened at a worse time! I'm sure I'm less understanding right now than I normally would be.
You guys have so much knowledge of tobacco's and brands....I can't wait to totally understand everything you say lol. I'm getting there - slowly, but I'm getting there.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Lotharen You're not the only one who is pissed off right now, tell you what , was placing my order August 18th for one pipelighter Tsubota Pearl through QG tobaccos England, all went nice and smoothly at first, now i'm still awaiting for order processing, their site says,stock shortage,but when I was placing my order, Ive gotten impression the item was stocked and ready to ship,was asking for updates, nothing,called them,ended up talking to answering machine which says>please leave your message+each second day the shop is closed-today I was asking through email for a refund and to void the purchase,unsuccessfully, but Ok thats England,always something goes wrong with Brits,this wouldn't ever happen with the German retailers,they are famous for them accuracy, yes,this to be continued- you be cool such as me?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You guys have so much knowledge of tobacco's and brands....I can't wait to totally understand everything you say lol. I'm getting there - slowly, but I'm getting there.
You'll never understand everything posted here, as some of it makes no sense! Then there's also humor sometimes under the guise of looking like a straight answer.
But, yes, a lot of good knowledge, and folks, here most of the time!
Enjoy!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
However I recently went back to just walking over to Iwan Reis on a Saturday and buying 2 or 3 tins a week. It costs a little more but I feel good about supporting them
That's reason enough to live in Chicago.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
I checked there site, Iwan Reis that is. A bit more pricier on there selections than P&C from what I could see. A 14oz can of Captain Black is 50 bucks. I'll keep it bookmarked and look for sales.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
I've only ever had one problem ordering from P&C. I ordered 2 tubs of the Trout Stream limited tin and they only sent one. I used the online feedback form and they shipped the second tin overnight, no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.