PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I took a stem from one pipe and tried to place it into the shank of another pipe. It seemed to go in easy but when I tried to pull it out tension piece came out of it and other stem cracked when I tried to insert it! I post this for the newbs, like me, who might consider a bonehead move like that.
I'm down to my cob...it could be worse.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Jaybird, take some solace in knowing that you aren't the only one.

Back in my early days I did something similar, and had the same results.

That was many-many moons ago.
It was a lessoned learned, but it's been a long time since I have thought about that unfortunate episode.
Thanks for the reminder and caution to other pipers both new to the passion and those greatly experienced as well.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear your terrible news, but thank you for posting this warning to others. I had been considering swapping stems on a couple of pipes, but wont now!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
In my time smoking a pipe I've come to learn (the hard way) that experiments, modifications, and general fooling around

usually results in disappointment -- sometimes heartache. This goes for both pipe mods and tweaking blends.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Agreed with the rest, your not the lone stranger when it comes to unfortunate results like that!
They only become "dumb" when such actions are repeated!
That said, I've pulled a few dumb ones (-;

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
Well, thanks big for the post. Now I won't do a dumb thing I was about to do. Thanks, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.