Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Well Meaning Mother In Law

(17 posts)
  1. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife and I have both been down sick with this nasty chest cold going around for the last two weeks. The Mother in Law thought she would come over and give my wife and hand and do some cleaning. Well she did a great job, even going so far as to dust my pipes, each and every one LOL only trouble is she decided to use pledge. They are wood after all she says. So I am hoping my pipes don't smell like lemon pledge when I can actually get back to smoking them. It was a very nice gesture though.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. tamer291

tamer291

Login to Send PM

Yikes. That is a nice gesture. I think I read somewhere that somebody used pledge to wipe/polish their pipes. Its not common for sure.

I would give them another wipe down to remove as much as you can. By the time you are feeling better I'm sure the smell will be gone.

Hope you get well soon.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's well-meaning, funny, and terrifying at the same time. I hope your pipes are okay.

I have a padlock cabinet at home for most of my pipes and cellar. We have no kids, but the in-laws like to meddle.

Matt.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. kashmir

kashmir

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No biggie. I've even used Pledge before to clean pipes. Unscented, not lemon. They should be fine, just wipe them off, and let them air out, is what I'd do. Then buy a door lock for your man cave. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, as they say.

The pipe eases you into the present moment - savor your pipe & you'll savor this moment.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  5. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

There are several threads mentioning lemon pledge -- with mixed opinions. Use the Search Forums box above to find them.
    Based on what I've read so far, it's not the end of the world. It seems to be more popular for use on stems, not briar.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 5 years ago #
  6. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks guys, they don't seem to be too bad off for the experience. Lemon scent thankfully isn't too strong she didn't get all of them just my eight pipe rack by my chair. The rest were in the cabinet. Course my best smokers sit beside my chair lol.

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It was intended in such a kindly way, and didn't do any serious damage, so I'd say it was a plus. If you
    can somehow keep her from repeating the "favor."

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yea she is a sweetheart for sure. Got lucky some guys can't stand their mother in law. Hell she even bought me pipe tobacco when they were in Holland a few years back. Besides some of my pipes have never looked better LOL

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. foggymountain

foggymountain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a mother in law like that. Wonderful woman. She came up here while I was gone to help my wife clean up the house after construction...and threw out the tampers because they were dirty.

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's nice of her. Besides, the lemon scent will dissipate over time so not much to worry about.

My mom in law would have pointed out everything that needed cleaned. lol
    May she rest in peace.

Michael
    Posted 5 years ago #
  11. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Lemon Pledge huh.... Now everything you smoke will taste like Erinmore Flake (heh, heh) Come on! I'm just kidding, ok? A good mother in law is wonderful, so count your blessings.

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 5 years ago #
  12. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hahahahaha that's funny agonsticpipe but it's kinda true about the Erinmore flake

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. crazypipe

Teddy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Awwwwwwwww GOD BLESS Her

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. irish

Gary

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Piperl12 years ago my mother in law did the same, only bad part was she dropped a beautiful unsmoked freehand and broke the stem off . Well since I was at work my wife and her decided since I didn't smoke it they would super glue the stem back in and I would never notice. It took me all of about 2 mins once I walked thru the door to spot it.... since then , they have never cleaned my pipes again..

Nice gesture though!!

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would test for anthrax if I was you - Rule One is never trust the mother-in-law

Posted 5 years ago #
  16. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would test for anthrax if I was you - Rule One is never trust the mother-in-law

LOL Peck the rat poison didn't work so I think she has resolved herself to the fact that I'm here for good!

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. sjb3

sjb3

Login to Send PM

I almost had a heart attack reading this post! I hope your pipes aren't damaged, I wouldn't stand for something like that. Mother-in-law or not, you touch my pipes and were throwin' down!

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   codecreatively, 64alex, gerryp, jaytex969, didimauw, elpfeife, canucklehead, craig61a, oldtoby, trudger, yuda