Well It's Been 4 Years. How You All Doing?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thought i would drop in and say hello, I truly miss being on here but since i stopped pipe 4 years ago i haven't bothered to come back. Until recently i joined a Foodie group on FB and to my surprise i found the Admin to be none other then Kevin himself. I sent him a Message to say hi and then i got this feeling i used to get when posting on here and i felt like i wanted to say hi to all of you, or those of you that remember me at least.
Though i stopped smoking pipe, cellaring tobacco and sold off most of my stock i do still have a few pipes and enough tobacco that could last me year in my cellar. Which is aging away for when I get the itch to relive that bliss one day. The reason i stopped is a long and sad story to be honest so i rather not burst in with negative vibes on my first post back but the story has an extremely happy ending as of July 9th 2017 the birth of my beautiful daughter Laila.
Anyhow if you know who i am just want to say hi and to those that im still in contact with on varies Social Media outlets im glad that i know you all. Stay Smokey if i can even say that haha.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Yes, you are remembered...by me anyway. Welcome back and don't be a stranger...we're all friends here.

Congrats on your daughter.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Smokeybear, congratulations on your daughter. She looks most happy and fully in charge. I remember your posts well. Glad you dropped by!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Hey Smokey!......... Congrats on that daughter! I've got three, and they are my pride and joy(s).......... good to here from you, don't be a stranger man, away from the pipe for a while? No problem! We're all friends here!- :puffy:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Hi Smokey!! I still use the tasting notes you developed.
We all pass through darkness. Stay positive and rejoice with your daughter.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thank you Gentlemen, I am grateful for the thanks and happy to back on here conversing with the finest. It was always a pleasure to part take in the many discussions on here, and i will aim to visit more often.
As far as being a father it has been better then i could have ever imagine and i had plenty of years to imagine it believe me.
My wife and i were one of the many that suffer from unexplained infertility it was an uphill battle for 5 years with many depressing times some more then others, we lost our baby boy to a Still birth at 20 weeks we look at it now as gaining an angel. We had our Laila on our second attempt of IVF she is our little miracle.
Me quitting smoking was a decision made with the hopes of limiting any setbacks that could effect our fertile state. Whether that was the reason for success or not i don't know but i just wanted the best possible circumstances.
Anyway things are great now Laila is approaching 10 months old and she is meeting all her milestones with flying colours, shes a small one being born two weeks premature but that has not stopped her from reaching her heights and beyond. I couldn't be prouder or happier of my wife and daughter.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm sorry to hear of your struggles and sorrow, but I am glad for your wonderful daughter. I was a preemie too, by the standards of the mid-forties. I think the whole process for preemies is much better now than then, though I have no complaints. Have a great time being a dad, and catch a nap when it's safe and appropriate to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.