Well It's August...Christmas Cheer Is Around The Corner.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
Yup. Going through my past order, its around August 15th that McCellends Christmas Cheer is coming out. Get ready for it.
I still have yet to open my can of 2011 and 2012, I think I will order two 2013's and open one.
Also their "Holiday Spirit" comes out as well.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I can't wait. One tin for the holidays and a few in the cellar for holidays future.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Love that Christmas Cheer. Always 2-3 100g tins, just like Roth. I keep one going pretty much most of the year. Really great tobacco.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Thanks for the headsup, damnyak.
Roth, the 2003 is one of my new-found favorites. I opened a tin earlier this year and just loved it. I've since picked up 3 or 4 more tins of it. It's a very red, Old Belt crop (grown near to where I grew up) and it's just wonderful -- very smooth with mellow spice flavors. In keeping with its red/pink appearance, it actually reminds me somewhat of a tangy red velvet cake (ie, the real kind made with vinegar and cocoa).

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Well that brought some 'cheer"ful thoughts into my day. :rofl: The Holiday Spirit is okay, but I really don't care for that much. Damn seasonal blends, between this and Peterson this is upsetting my finely balanced TAD strategies.
:puffpipe:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I was a huge fan of the McC CC 2012. I have just aquired a 2008 tin and a 2010 tin. Can't wait to try em!!!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was put off holiday blends by the Peterson version, I think it was 2011. It seemed blended for room note,

which was lovely, like cinnamon and holly and other sweet and festive fragrances, which I enjoyed with those

around me. But it bit and burnt like a son-of-a-gun, so that brushing my teeth at night with zingy toothpaste

hurt like the devil. I still enjoy aromatics of various types, but I'm afraid this experience was aversion therapy

for holiday blends. I'll save my mouth and taste buds for the turkey and fixings.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
While the holiday blends being discussed sound amazing and have caught my interest, I'm slightly annoyed at you, damnyak, for reminding me that Christmas is right around the corner! :wink:
Let the stress begin! :lol:

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
It should be readily available very soon. I received an email today that Christmas Cheer was in stock. I immediately placed an order for 3 tins. Great stuff! The vendor is not an advertiser here and I do not want to give them free pub so I won't mention who it is. It is a well known site. I also like the Holiday Spirit which I will get from our advertisers here. :)

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Interesting. I almost bought a tin of the 2012 CC from my local B&M just today. I ended up going with a tin of FM On the Bayou and one of Peterson Irish Oak instead. The way you guys are all raving about it, though, I might have to go back and buy their last two tins :)

Aug 1, 2012
I guess I'm in the minority here in that I rather liked last year's Holiday Spirit offering. I won't know about last year's Christmas Cheer for at least another couple of years but the 2009 was pretty good. Sure, I'll grab some to cellar this year again.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
@roadqueen....hahaha! However if you shop now for Christmas, you can enjoy the holiday while everyone else is going nuts!
I enjoyed Holiday Spirit, However I wish it was not so Chocolatey (Sp)and maybe more...I dunno..Piney!?!

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
So the Christmas Cheer is a VA flake with no shenanigans (i.e., no nutmeg or cinnamon or crumbled-up candy cane), correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.