PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I cashed in some more paid leave in advance of some new tax rules for next year and picked up this Peterson Aran Oom Paul as well as a pound of Larry's Blend. (Thanks Pipes & Cigars for throwing in the free knife!) I just started breaking it in last night. (The pipe, not the knife) That hefty button makes it very easy to get a grip on that pipe!
aran_zps0dc881b9.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
danielplainview said:

Looks like Christmas came early this year
Yes, and if this PAD keeps up it just may come again.
trailboss requested:

(Let us know what you think about Larry's blend)
I'm not very good describing how things taste, but I will say in comparison to PS Balkan Supreme which I am very familiar with it's a little more subtle and refined or complex, I think some might say. Larry's Blend can be smoked more aggressively without the burn that PSBS has if you take deep draws or burn it too quickly. I like them both but I haven't found a Balkan I don't like yet! For me it mostly comes down to cost. If I were rich I'd be knee deep in WhiteKnight tins.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
That's a nice looking pipe. I really like the look of a lot of the Peterson pipes, but unfortunately I'm not in the market for buying any pipes now nor will I be for a while. Enjoy the new pipe.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
metalheadycigarguy, when you are in a position to treat yourself to a new pipe I think Peterson pipes are maybe a very good combination of thrift and quality. That Aran Oom Paul was just under a hundred bucks. That's not the kind of money I can just spend without budgeting, but when some extra cash comes in I can't resist. So now I'm back to ebay estate hunting. Just snagged a Royal Ascot for six bucks!

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
Very nice looking pipe. Just last week my first Aran arrived - an 80S. For the price, I was impressed with the fit and finish - and absolutely no fills (a pleasant surprise). Hope yours smokes as good as it looks!

Status
Not open for further replies.