Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I wanted to welcome all of the new members to the site.
Remember that the site is only as good and active as the members make it so, dive in and start discussing pipes and tobacco.
Post often and don't forget that you can make your own blog for free! Be sure to check that out!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
New members, please introduce yourselves.
Tell us how long you've been smoking a pipe and what you like smoking lately.
I started smoking pipes in 1998 and lately I have been enjoying Frog Morton, Maltese Falcon, SG Bracken Flake, SG Commonwealth, Blakeney's Best Acadian Ribbon and Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian.

blackadder

Lurker
Sep 8, 2009
Hello my name is Matt and I have been smoking a pipe off and on since I was 18 and really got into it about 5 years ago so about 10 years for me, my friend and I run a pipe forum as well http://pipechat.netne.net/index.php seems to be a nice place here as well!

blackadder

Lurker
Sep 8, 2009
This and that Kevin right now with our contest I am running the C&D gambit, I usally smoke

English's, Lakeland's and Va Flakes for my normal rotation

tomsoles

Lurker
Sep 6, 2009
Forgive me for this copy but I am still trying to learn how to use the site:
copy:
Python and Kevin,

Thanks for the answers and Welcome. As I understand Balkan Sobranie is not sold anymore and Balkan Sasieni has replaced it. Sasieni really grows on you and the more I smoke it the more I like it. I smoked "Sobranie" years ago and remember it as quite strong. I have been smoking pipes off and on for 59 years. I am a retired sculptor and teacher living in Washington DC. Georgetown Tobacco in my home shop and have use them for my tobacco and supplies since the early 60's. I have developed a new interest in pipes and have began to carve my own. More on that later as the process develops.

I also have a question for python. As a Moderator you will have noticed that I filled in a profile which includes my picture. It does not show up on the forum page and I would like it to do so. What do I have to do to make that happen?
Thanks in advance for your help and interest. Tom

tomsoles

Lurker
Sep 6, 2009
Hello, My name is Tom. I am a retired sculptor and teacher living in Washington. DC. I have been smoking a pipe for almost 60 years. I have just started to carve pipes and will keep you posted on my progress. I am glad to be a new member of this group.
Tom

marco

Lurker
Sep 12, 2009
Hello all, I'm Marco, the pipemaker of Moretti Pipe. I'm happy to be with you all.

Happy smoking!

Marco

marco

Lurker
Sep 12, 2009
hello and thank you :) yesterday I finished these 2 pipes, here is a pic
dscn9649x.jpg

marco

Lurker
Sep 12, 2009
yes, for all the friends of the forum who will sign up in the site, I will make a special discount

marcc

Lurker
Sep 11, 2009
hello my name is marc.i have been smoking a pipe of and on since 1997.i usualy smoke a pipe in the colder months of the year and tend to smoke cigars during the warmer months. i am currently smoking frog morton "across the pond" seems to be a very nice smoke and my wife likes the smell.i smoke out side only for i have 2 children 5 and 3 years old. my favorite pipe to smoke is my jobey pipe my wife got me for christmas back in 1997. I have carved 2 of my own pipes and ordered 2 new blockes to carve i am trying to learn how to drill them myself .any advice would be greatly appreciated.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Welcome Marc. I have heard other people say the same thing, that they like cigars during the warm months and smoke pipes during the colder months.
I love Frog Morton. but I have tried "Across the Pond" yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.