PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
my brother in law saw me smoking my mm cob outside with some Peter stokkebye and he generously gifted me with this weird pipe, have you guys ever seen it, I smoked some cornel and dehil bezenthium on it but i think the metal really diminishes the flavoring of the tobacco, and also you put water in it to cool down the smoke, and you get no tongue bite but I am not going to use it, it smokes really poorly , I shall add it to my tiny collection of pipes, bless his heart for trying though.

although i had seen the falcon pipes and how it has a removable briar bowl, perhaps I can somehow add it to this pipe and probably change the stem to a real churchwarden vulcanite stem, any thoughts would be appreciated.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/hextor/album/picture/17928

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I had thought about what kind it is now I wonder if it was a prank he was pulling.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
They're sold as cigarette holders on ebay, but I've always suspected the greener use as well.
Falcon pipes are a whole different animal and I wholly recommend them.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
:lol: ohh well, there was a form post about well intended gifts, a fellow member had made a point, i would have preferred a gift card to pipes and cigars, here in Houston we don't have well known brick and mortar stores, we have a whole bunch of "smoke shops" nearly every corner, I think he probably walked in there and got it, he had good intentions though, seeming he does not have a lot of knowledge in the pipe smoking community, he tried though.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Baby Hookah, Ive got one too, never used it. I smoked a Hookah before I found our briar, cob, clay, and meerschaum, pipes. The proper pipes for tobacco. Well I mentioned Shisha in one of my introduction posts to the forum threads and was told "We don't talk Hookah here! LOL I haven't typed the word since then until now.
They have Hookah Parties around town here and I suspect there's some "other" stuff in their pipes.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Hector there are 4 shops in Huston. Use the store locator on top of the page.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
It is a water pipe. I have read an article in an old pipe lover mag that discussed crafting your own portable water pipe from acrylic with a briar bowl. It gave me the impression that some smokers pipe smokers at that time preferred water pipes. A small percentage of tobacco smokers for sure.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
Yes we do have 4 Shoppes in Houston I already whent to 3 locations , they seem more excited about cigars than pipe tobacco , I had went to one to try some blends and they gave me some dried tobacco. It's mostly cigars that are popular in Houston

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
I kind of hate that we don't talk about hookahs, here.
The water pipe has a long, respected history of tobacco use long before they ever became associated with marijuana. I would like to know more about that history, but online searches mostly turn up marijuana-related information.
Oh well...

damianmonk

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2015
I'm confused though as it seems like the bowl doesn't reach into the water, but stays on top...

Status
Not open for further replies.