Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Weber Experts

(10 posts)
  1. peteguy

peteguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

First of all, do Weber experts exist? I see a pipe that is stamped Hand Made and nothing else but Weber and Imported Briar. Is this a rare pipe, collectible pipe, firewood, etc. I cant seem to find anything out via the interweb. Thanks.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. aquadoc

aquadoc

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Following. I am the the owner of 2 Weber pipes my wife recently purchased for the Grand total of 20 dollars for both. After buying another pipe today, I have had to change the password. Not complaining but they all seem to need a ton of work and it would be nice to be able to browse without fear that a derelict will show up on my doorstep. Today's purchase seems to be a clean Mountbatten 602, which I do not have time to look up.

The first one has arrived and other than a good buffing, it is a nice looking/smoking pipe. At least in my experience which is not saying much.

"If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and sex, you don't actually live longer; it just seems that way."
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. aquadoc

aquadoc

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The first one, which I rather like:

The second one, which I have yet to receive:

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. benpipesmoking

benpipesmoking

Login to Send PM

they both look great, good pick up

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. danielplainview

dave g

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not an expert, but if you like it then it's collectable. I restored a handful of Weber's for other people and they were drop dead gorgeous.

I have a sandblasted Weber author that was my grandfathers. If it had a white dot it would pass as a Dunny.

Make aromatics great again.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. peteguy

peteguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Those seem to be more of what I picture when I think of a Weber pipe. The one I am wondering about is an online listing or I would show a photo. Does not look like any Weber I have seen. Larger pipe that just shows Hand Made. I have seen SilverGrains, DeepGrains, Royal Bands, etc. all of which are all over the web. Cant find anything on Hand Made.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. tuold

tuold

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Is it this one?

I'm not an expert, but for a premium pipe it doesn't seem to have much grain. I'm not getting a real since of art or design in the carving either. The listing says the stem is a replacement.

My guess is that twenty to twenty-five bucks would be a fair price. Maybe it is super rare though. That still wouldn't be enough to make me buy it.

The pipe is an instrument of civilization.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. peteguy

peteguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's it tuold. Thanks for the advice.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. aquadoc

aquadoc

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you like the shape, go for it. But I have to say, the grain does not show well in this photo. Cool shape.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

flmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I Googled Weber Briar Pipes on the internet and found many different websites. Perhaps those sites will provide additional information to help you

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   charf, sparrowhawk, mityahicks