PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Helped a friend today removing the trim around his garage door which was getting kind of punky so we replaced it with Versatex which will never rot. It came out great and we plan on doing the other door this coming spring.
When we got in the truck he told me he'd seen 4 pipes in a little junktique store but since he didn't have a clue if I'd be interested he asked if I wanted to stop and see them on the way home, obviously I said yes.
There were 4 pipes a Marxman a Honey Bowl, never heard of it, a no name and a really nice WDC with a gold band, Redinol shank, black meerschaum screw in bowl a ruby colored Amber stem.
I bought it but rather say how much I paid I'll ask how much would you pay for this little beauty?

banjo
I will tell you how much I did pay later! ;)
a9a253040d591e64266da8d3be952b555f30fee.jpeg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I suspect you are correct hawke considering they generally go fo nearly 2x more than you doubling my money.

banjo

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That thing is cool Banjo ! Really like the shape. Never saw a Redmanol shaped like that one.

$5.00 ?

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I paid $21.10 with tax and it's in immaculate condition.

banjo
Very good deal ! I have a couple of old Linkmans with Redmanol( Ambrol--same stuff) stems but never owned made like that one.

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Great buy! These are actually, in most cases, all synthetic: the transparent stem and clouded shank are both Redmanol (basically Bakelite) and the bowl is usually phenolic resin. They're lovely pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have no idea what the market value of this pipe is, but at a flea market or antique store, I'd certainly pay $21.10. Where did the dime come from? It's an interesting burner and I bet there is a story behind it.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Neat Pipe ! I have a very similar Redmanol bulldog around here somewhere. The screw in bowl is Briar and both the body and stem of the pipe are the same dark ruby red that your stem is. Amazingly, it is unsmoked !

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
That's a classic. Congrats on owning that nice piece of pipe history. I like the decoy too.
I found a WDC Waldorf in the my local antique store today. Looking forward to cleaning it up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.