PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
I've never seen one like it and had to have it. Looks like French Briar with fairly straight grain. The Stem looks like a replacement. But it's cherry Bakelite so it's close to the correct period in appearance. And I like Bakelite.

And it has a case! Smokes nice too.
WDCBriarCutty1_zps862cce5c.jpg

WDCBriarCutty2_zps5f3af0e8.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Sweet! You'd know better than I would about the stem being a replacement, but it couldn't be much more authentic if it is. I dig it.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thats nice Tim. Did you just pick that one up as it is so nice to see a well looked after case? That is just a lovely 'cutty'' in super condition. Whats the length?

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
It is a recent acquisition. It is 6 inches long. Though not stamped as such, I'm guessing it's the "French Briar" so prevalent at the turn of the century.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That is a nice pipe. The stem only matters if it's for resale to collectors. The smoking is done in the briar, and that's the part that counts. I have a Castello and a Dunhill with replacement stems, and they are absolutely fantastic pipes. Revel in your find, my friend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not many pipes made today have that spare, trim design. It really stands out. And Bakelite ...

the knobs on my grandma's '38 Plymouth were made of that, handsome stuff, almost like

wood.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That is a beauty! How old is it? It looks like a clay pipe in design, and thus has a stunning flow from stem to bowl. I bet it smokes to perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.