PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I just happen to love Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake, as many do. However, for those that are a fan of it know that it can more often than not be very difficult to obtain as it sells out very quickly when available. I’ve purchased my share of tobacco from COJ’s and they most definitely have very good service. When a particular tobacco is not in stock it simply does not show up on their web site as being available. I’ve purchased this tobacco in the past from them with no problem whatsoever, and quite quickly I might add.
Seeing that I love this tobacco I always check to see if it shows up, and as is usually the case, it does not. However, on 06/07 when I checked in again there it was! So,I placed an order and within minutes I received an email confirmation on it. I know their usual turn around as for delivery and I fully expected to receive it by Wednesday, or Thursday at the latest. Today I received an email from them telling me it was not in stock. However, it still shows up as being available! Anyway, for those that hunt for this tobacco as I do and you come across COJ’s and see it on their web site as being available, well... it’s not!
No, I’m not angry and I’ll most definitely do business with them again. But, it would seem as though someone is not properly keeping track as to what is in stock on their website. Well, OK... I’m a little bit pissed off at them and I think rightfully so. :wink:

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I saw it show up a few days ago on the website. I called to make sure that they did indeed have it(because you could add hundreds of tins and it never says out of stock). They had 1 tin in stock I passed didn't want to pay shipping for 1 tin.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
The point being: when they do not have something in stock it does not show up as available on their site. For example, take a look at Esoterica tobacco. Also, in the past, when WBC was not in stock it the item would not be shown. Bottom line, someone is slipping up.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
So did they refund your money since it was out of stock, or are they going to ship you your "backorder" when it comes in next..Whenever that may be.
I wouldn't mind the option to pre-pay for a hard to find item that would show up at my door within a reasonable amount of time. For instance, if I knew I could get on prepaid list for a bag of Stonehaven, I'd pull the trigger, just so I know when they take shipment again, there's a bag with my name already on it. The caveat being that I should at least see something within a month or two. After that time, I would like the option to either "press for more time" or just get the refund.
On a somewhat related note...*gets on soapbox* This is my frustration speaking.
While I do appreciate the heads-up from other forum members posting thread topics about "hard to find _____ blend" being in stock somewhere, but to find out opening the thread with details, they've bought their 6 bags of what they were wanting. To me that seems a bit excessive, these blends are extremely limited in availability and doing the "smash-n-grab" makes it difficult for the rest of us that wouldn't mind A bag to get in on the loot. I'd rather not have to try to compete to just buy a single.
*climbs down off of soapbox*

kalvort

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2013
Phil the same thing happened to me with the WBC, about a year ago and again 2 weeks ago!! It shows up in stock then I get an email saying its not available and would I like a replacement for it?! And again the other day for GL Pease's Union Square...

To be honest I still do most of my tobacco shopping with Cup O Joes, an excellent company and fantastic customer service, the only problem being that things are not always in stock even if you see them on the website.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
While I do appreciate the heads-up from other forum members posting thread topics about "hard to find _____ blend" being in stock somewhere, but to find out opening the thread with details, they've bought their 6 bags of what they were wanting. To me that seems a bit excessive, these blends are extremely limited in availability and doing the "smash-n-grab" makes it difficult for the rest of us that wouldn't mind A bag to get in on the loot. I'd rather not have to try to compete to just buy a single.
Yep, they informed today via email when I questioned them about this that as soon as they received it they were wiped out of stock on it because of a HUGE order. (I'm somewhat grinding my teeth on this) However, they've decided to keep it on their site so that, and I quote; "We have the Wessex Brigade Campaign on the site still so that customers know that it's still available to be ordered. This way we can know how much of it we need to order from our distributor."
Oh well, what can ya do other than be quick and have a shit load of money to purchase huge amounts just to hoard it away as some seem to do. Anyway, they informed me that my credit card will not be charged until it is shipped.
One question that comes to mind is why they seem to be able to obtain good quantities of WBC when other sites such as P&C and SP never seem to be able to get their hands on it? Hell, even Iwan Ries in Chicago has a hell of a time getting it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm so busy trying new blends that are acclaimed, I don't even resupply on some I really like. After hearing your experience,

I'm glad I'm in this place right now. It would try my patience. Up to a point, I am in a quest for the unattainable, but if it's

unattainable too long, I just scratch it off my list.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
There is none. The US distributor is out, and won't say when the next shipment will arrive.
Rich

4noggins.com

Status
Not open for further replies.