Watching "The Open" and Smoking a Bowl.

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by newbroom
  • Latest reply from newbroom
  1. newbroom

newbroom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

For you golf enthusiasts. You probably don't need me to supply this, but here it is anyway, a link to live coverage where in today's second round, now in progress, Phil Mickleson is leading.
    Watching golf is soothing to me.
    http://stream.golfchannel.com/british-open-watch-live-rd2-pt1?pid=22759

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. carver

carver

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Can you define how soothing golf is for you ? Listening to the "sounds of the rainforest" is soothing to me.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Can't answer that but glad for the post, which, seeing just the title, thought it'd be on the US Tennis Open. So tuned in just in time to record the Nadal match. So, thank you!

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. carver

carver

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Can't answer that but glad for the post, which, seeing just the title, thought it'd be on the US Tennis Open. So tuned in just in time to record the Nadal match. So, thank you!

Not lost to everyone

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Can you define how soothing golf is for you ? Listening to the "sounds of the rainforest" is soothing to me.

Watching snooker games is soothing for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aC3_Dkops4

Javan
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. newbroom

newbroom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The mellifluous tones of Jim Nance, the approach to the game and its traditions and honor system, the beauty of the courses, the canned bird noises, the sedate pace of it all, I find WATCHING the game on TV in the A/C is just, well, somehow soothing or maybe mesmerizing.
    I caddied when I was 13 at a course in NH that was to me, a place of manicured natural beauty and I imagine that part stayed with me.
    I do think that it's a game for rich folk, and that it wastes valuable resources and contributes to water pollution, but, if you just look at the surface, it is 'nice'.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   clickklick, cosmicfolklore, cigrmaster, mikefu, autumnfog, didimauw, morgansteele, alaskanpiper, ron123, ashdigger, cortezattic, jaygreen55