PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Made me think of that pipe Lee Van Cleef was smoking, looked like a Peterson System, anyhow I made this .gif years ago and thought you might get a kick out of it, cheers.

banjo
e9e359644894576fe66e2938d7aabb24d9a5a32.gif

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
A true classic, I sat down last fall and watched a whole bunch of Eastwoods old films. I love Fistful of Dollars...

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
It's one of my favourite movies and I notice the pipe every time. It sure looks like a Pete system, but if it is, its a big blooper in the movie.
The movie takes place during the civil war, which ended in 1865. The Peterson system pipe didn't show up till 1891.
Methinks the prop guy for the film was not a pipe smoker :)

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I love that movie. And all of the spaghetti westerns. I have the best memories of watching these with my dad when I was young.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Riveting and refined art form. There's always the chance that real life shooters see these and later believe that anyone they shoot is a bad person, but I guess that's true of Greek tragedies and Shakespeare as well. Many of the flicks that Clint later directs deal a lot more with conscience and gray areas, but that may be a coincidence. "Letter from Iwo Jima" for example.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
Pretty sure that's a WDC Wellington he's smoking. A very similar system to a Pete, and period incorrect to be sure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.