PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The summer's about over, but we have one more holiday in the sun. I just got back from the

dermatologist and was worried about having to have a third round (over the years) of Moh's

surgery to remove basal cell spots. Hopefully, the three "places" I was worried about may well

be fixed by a blast from the liquid nitrogen bottle. At my age, it takes a while for things to heal.

Anyway, stay out of that midday sun, wear a hat with a brim, long sleeves for prolonged time

in sun, and sun screen. I'm good about all of this, but don't put on sunscreen like I should. I was

a toe headed (white-blond) kid who spent a lot of time in the sun, but everyone is vulnerable.

Jun 4, 2014
Hope all is well, my Mom suffers from skin cancer as well. You are spot on with your advice on protecting your skin from the sun.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Good luck with the liquid nitrogen. My dad had a pre-cancerous skin condition as a result of growing up on a farm, working as a lifeguard, and building a lake cabin one summer, all in the days before sunscreen was widely used. He was a pale redhead, I'm a pale strawberry blonde - so I cover up almost religiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.