Washington State Might Take a Positive Step . . .

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
House Bill 1750 has been sitting in House Appropriations for awhile. In short it's about establishing special license endorsements for cigar lounges and retail tobacconist shops. The licensing fees are probably beyond most establishments, but at least it's step forward.
"Establishment or part of an establishment specifically designated for the smoking of tobacco products, purchased on the premises or elsewhere, which is physically separated from any areas of the same or adjacent location where smoking is prohibited under state law."
If you live in Washington, you might want to contact your representative to urge them to move on this bill.

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Excuse my ignorance, but is tobacco illegal in the State of Washington...or just the act of smoking said leaf.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
You can't smoke it in buildings etc - similar legislature to many other states. But also you can't mail order it, or order online. You can only buy tobacco by going to a shop and paying the outrageous taxes.

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
I have a friend that lives in Washington who is a tobacco user. Is it illegal for me to mail him stuff?

I would be curious as to whether the state of Washington expected the federal postal system to enforce their silly laws. I know that if you break a law in another state without setting foot in that state, there's nothing that can be done to enforce the law. It just sounds unenforceable to me.

Jan 8, 2013
I am in washington state, and yes, its against wa state law to have tobacco products shipped to a personal address here. Smokingpipes and the like can ship me pipes, but they wont send tobacco, so I am stuck with whatever can be found locally. There is a Tinderbox about 10 min from my house on JBLM, so generally thats where I go. Have your buddy pm me, maybe I can help him out.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
In Washington State it is illegal to smoke tobacco within 25 feet of a business doorway. In the city of Seattle you can't smoke tobacco in a public park. At this time you can still rent hotel rooms for smokers, and can smoke in your car if there are no children in it. On the other hand you can smoke pot in public parks and walking down the sidewalks. Go figure????
This law would allow a "Smoking Room" separate from the actual business, but it would be stupidly expensive for the business - like $20,000 initially and then $7000 per year. Washington has become a greedy state.

Status
Not open for further replies.