PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
The recent Secret Santa thread made me realize I truly don't understand the shipping pipe tobacco legislation. It seems to me it is illegal to ship tobacco to a WA individual if they do not have a retailer license. It also seems illegal for the person to receive the shipment. In addition, any willing intermediary (not selling) would also be liable.
Where do gifts between individuals fit?

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Couldn't answer that for sure. If anyone here is part of the youtube pipe community as I am, spokanepipesmoker of Washington state has a video detailing the ludicrous laws of tobacco in Washington state, although he and another fellow, Boston Briars frequently exchange tobacco care packages. Tobacco restriction advocates are like gun control advocates. Never owned one, never used one, never smelled the fresh smoke from one. Just another reason I like it here in Arkansas. Folks here are like cheap toilet paper. They don't take no sh!t. Oorah for Constitutional Carry in Arkansas!

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
I do not see what the problem would be if it's a gift from one individual to another and no monies are exchanged. But I'm from N.C. I would probably take my chances mailing. Are they going to scan every package for pipe tobacco at Christmas and send all violators to the slammer? But that's just me. You could always order from Smokingpies.com, have them gift wrap and ship it for you.

Thank God we have the government to protect us from our stupid selves!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I don't think blaming it on the voters works anymore either. The voters have to select one of the 2 or 3 choices available, and they're ALL politicians...generally speaking.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I understand those who follow laws to the "T" etc. I speed once in awhile, don't come to a complete stop, forget to signal when turning and cross streets where there is no crosswalk, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to send someone in WA state some hobby items or rose bush growth enhancer. Once it is in your hands you can do with it as you like. :)

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I guess if you mail to Washington, you just run the risk of being randomly inspected by the post office and having your package never arrive. But how often do they check, really? Maybe only if it looks or smells suspicious?

Status
Not open for further replies.