PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I no longer see Sutliff's Westminster offered with their other blends. This is not, not to be confused with GL Pease Westminster. I am aging a tin of the GLP. I have two tins of the Sutliff version aging, but I finished a previous tin a while ago and found it a pleasing mild version of an English blend. I know Sutliff offers two or three other English blends, and I wonder if these have replaced their Westminster.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
No, it hasn't. P&C and Smoking Pipes have it for sale. And here it is on Sutliff's website: http://www.sutliff-tobacco.com/westminster.html

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great! It may not be their best seller, but I think it is a worthy blend. I'm working on a tin of Balkan 957 right now. I find some of the Sutliff blends distinctive for their mildness combined with distinct combinations of flavor. When I get going on one of their tins, I often use it up quickly.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I think Westminster, like all the Sutliff English bends, is underrated. It was designed to be their take on Dunhill London Mixture (which I like), and though it's a little sweeter and a little less grassy than DLM, it's not far off. For those wanting a mild to medium English at a good price, I think it's hard to beat. I'm just not in lat-bombs much any more, and Westminster is right at my level for English. I like the Luxury Blend 957, Bosphorus Cruise, and Blend #5, but Westminster is more stocked in my cellar than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.