PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I was curious today as I was looking at the various trade mark filings and for no reason at all I looked up Gallaher's War Horse trade mark. It was filed on May 22nd 1925 and expired on January 10th 1986. Trade Mark number is 71214722. Here is an interesting thought as the Trade Mark in the US appears to have been abandoned as far as I can see. Some enterprising chap could grab it and reproduce War Horse if there was enough demands for the stuff. Our firm are members of the Patent Bar so you would probably give a very sympathetic hearing to someone who wanted to give this a go. You would have to create a new company to manufacture the stuff - the idea of Gallopers War Bar has a certain amusement value about it. Anyway if clubs are making their own blends then to recreate War Horse should not be too difficult if someone still has a sample. I think it might be fun and certainly challenging!

May 31, 2012
Damn straight they should!
Man!

When I saw your thread, my heart started pounding, racing wildly, as I thought perhaps it actually had already been reintroduced!
:crying:

Sadly not the case.
Your idea is a good one though.
What I'd like to see,

a small boutique blender in Ireland proper starting up and carrying on the grand tradition and doing it right.

It would be sell-out city like Esoterica I think, because for sure I'd be an extreme hoarder! LOL
If I was a pipemaker, I'd crib my marque-name from an old British maker,

Druid Pipe Works.

I always thought that was a cool name.
'The idea of Gallopers War Horse has a certain amusement value about it'

:lol:

I like it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For those of us unfamiliar with War Horse, could you give a general idea of what the constituent tobaccos were

and how they were cut and how the taste was structured? Just a little about it so we can know how excited to get.

May 31, 2012
mso489
This epic thread by klause lays it out in all of its glorious detail:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/warhorse-bar
:

Status
Not open for further replies.