PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
A couple weeks ago, forum member sparrowhawk gifted me several tins of Sutliff Private Stock Taste of Summer. The tobacco is described as follows from the Sutliff web site:
"This delicious mixture of Burley, Virginia, and Black Cavendish is reminiscent of incredibly juicy, ripe peaches of summers past."
I've had one other peach flavored aromatic, a Peter Stokkbye bulk blend I think, labeled "Peaches & Cream" by the B&M, and this one beats that one on all levels. First, I felt like I could actually taste the peach flavor with Taste of Summer. Through the first third of the bowl, the peach was prominent. The second third saw the peach recede taste-wise (still very peachy room note) and the burley flavor came forward. At least, to my senses, a flavor very similar to Lane's Burley Without the Bite was present. I can't tell you about the bottom third of the bowl because time constraints required that I call it quits. Anyway, this was a very pleasant aromatic smoke that I enjoyed. However, seeing as this baccy was shared freely with me, I want to share it freely with anyone else interested in trying it.
I have two un-open tins available, PM me your address and how much you want and I will pass it along to you.
Thank-you again Fred, for your generosity and for assisting me in my goal to taste a diverse selection of tobaccos!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have an open tin of Taste of Summer and find it pleasant, not my topmost aro, but a nice casual smoke

when I want to change the pace with an aromatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.