PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgodowntherabbithole

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2011
Ok fella's,

My inlaws are in for the weekend and I was lucky enough to have married into a Disney family. They were looking over my pipes, as I am just now letting them know I smoke them >.>

Long story short they were talking about the old tobacco shop on main street, and I was wondering if anyone has any of the old pipes with the disney world logo on it. I know there are some with a disneyland logo floating around, but we are disney world people :D.

here is a link to a picture of one of the pipes, as well as a link to some unopened tobacco that is listed on craigs list. I think I might need to call to see if the guy still has that tobacco...

WaltDisneyPipe_detail.jpg

here is a link to the toby

http://cnj.craigslist.org/clt/2216892821.html

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
As a huge, and lifelong devotee to the great disney works, I am disappointed that I wasn't informed about these pipes. I WILL HUNT ONE DOWN AND PAY ANY PRICE FOR IT!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I'm going to write a script to search ebay 3 times daily specifically for any entries containing briar, pipe, disney, world, vintage, and tobacco. This PAD is going to be the death of me.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I wanted the Pipes not the tobacco. I am a disney fan and remember going in the Main Street Tobacco store when I was a kid. So, I thought it would have been cool to have the pipes a kinda remembrance of the past if you would.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Disney, an icon of family-friendliness, with a tobacco store and pipes.
There's a perfect example of longing for the good ole days, simpler, more innocent, and waaay less anti-everything, drowning in political correctness times of today.
This is very cool.
WaltDisneyPipe_detail.jpg

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Everybody's a Disney fan, well, most of us. Never heard of a Disney pipe or tobacco,

but it looks nice. Good luck on your quest.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
I had no idea of such a thing. Really cool that you guys are looking for these and a fun quest. I'll keep my eyes on the look out on this side of the pond.

colorduke

Mar 5, 2011
There was a great article in p&t magazine fall 2005 on disney pipes and tobacco by Chuck Stanion,Brian Levine worked there and started collecting pipes.I'll pm you with more info maybe you can contact him.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
Id like to see the pipe store make a return to main street ; be a good way to slow the park back down. Its just to pushy -pushy anymore. But then the prices are just so high ; one can't afford to take a break. Imagine if one could afford to sit , and take a break in the park , just how friendly the friendly'est. Place on earth would be.....again

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
...I have seen pictures. Would not be surprised if they (disney company) are making an effort to eliminate said photo's.......for the good of the children.

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
I've had an apple shaped WDW pipe since the early 70's and it's one of my favorite smokers due to it's slightly large diameter bowl. I had the stem replaced several months ago, but the logo is still visible on the briar. Oh, for those good old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.