Wally World for Tobacco? I Guess NOT!!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I was at Walmart today picking up another case of 8 oz jars for cellaring tobacco and when I was checking out i noticed they had a couple some CBW & PA in the large tubs. For shits and giggles I asked the price, the older lady waiting on me said it was very expensive. When she scanned it holy crap she wasn't kidding.

The 14 oz tub of Prince Albert was $49+ (P&C sells it for about $28) and the 12 oz tub of Captain Black White was $70 and change ( P&C sells it for $36). I assume they don't sell much, they won't to me anyway.

Just couldn't believe how much the price difference was.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Yup, down here in Texas I can get a tub of Carter Hall for only $51 and change.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Here in Colorado a tub of PA at Wal-Mart is about $30, but a tub of Captain Black is $54. I've never understood why there is such a drastic price difference between the two. Especially since the cost difference of pouches between the two is about $1.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
The Wally World stores here in Maryland (at least in Harford County) have completely stopped selling pipes and pipe tobacco. They used to sell MM cobs, Dr. Grabow pipes, and "OTC" blends like Captain, but they haven't for years now.

zdwebb12

Might Stick Around
Jan 25, 2013
Here in NC I can get a 1.5 oz of Capt Black/Half and Half/Prince Albert/Carter Hall all for roughly $7 a piece. Not a fan of any of these though....at all. :oops:

Jan 8, 2013
Walmart's a joke when you're buying anything tobacco related. They're normally quite higher than anyone else because they can get away with it. Most people can do their shopping for groceries plus just about anything else all in one store. People tend to pay the extra price for convenience.

okiebriar

Lurker
Feb 2, 2013
I refuse to buy anything at Wal Mart. There is no tobacconist where I live so all of my buying is done through Cup O Joes or Iwan Ries. And I'm very happy with that.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
Here in NC I can get a 1.5 oz of Capt Black/Half and Half/Prince Albert/Carter Hall all for roughly $7 a piece. Not a fan of any of these though....at all.
I live in the middle of NC, around here PA and CH run about $3.99 a pouch and can be got at most Walmarts and RYO shops. CB runs about $7.00. I can get tubs of PA at a local smoke shop for $26.00

Status
Not open for further replies.