PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
One of several pipes that I've kept an eye open for is a Monkey pipe. No reason other than they crack me up.

Won this Wally Frank on eBay last week for a song, $8.75 plus ship.

I don't think there could have been more than 2 or 3 bowls smoked in the thing, appeared to be virgin wood at the bottom of the chamber and only a couple of barely visible tooth marks on the otherwise spotless stem. Looked as though it had probably sat on a shelf for years as it was thick with dust.

Pipe cleaner w/ Everclear came out clean the first go through so all I really had to do was a light scrub with dish soap to remove the dust.

Smoking my first bowl in it as I type, some English Oriental Supreme, and it smokes well.
So without further ado... I give you.... The Monkey Pipe
WallyFrankMonkey.jpg

Monkey_notop.jpg
Monkey_closeup.jpg

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Hey baskerville, do you have any idea when these may have been made?

Information I've found so far regarding Wally Frank is vague at best.
And I'm still working on the 1st bowl, my wife looked in saw the thing clenched in my mouth and sez it looks just like me! Thank you dear...

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Darn it OTD, what'd you show me that for, now I'm on the hunt for one!!! I'll give ye double what ye paid lmao :)

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Interesting baskerville, no smoke comin' out the ears or nose of mine. S'pose I could drill through to the chamber so it would.... nah. What cool memories though!
Aussielass me dear, with respect to yer offer, in a word, nope (-;

You get to watch eBay for a few months same as I did until the right monkey comes along.
hehe, I actually said the right monkey, so silly (-:

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Well OTD, I rushed off to greedBay thinking I'd snare me a monkey instantly ... pfft, what a load of crapola on there for an absolute fortune.
After seeing everything that's available t/out the world, I can say you got the bargain of the century, the cutest dang monkey ever, and how rare to find one with his hat all done in bootiful briar! Please don't spank him!
I'll ups me offer to x 4 purchase price lmao! Don't bother, I know the answer is "No! Now naff off with yer silly offers woman!"

Status
Not open for further replies.