PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
The WSJ ran an editorial about FDA overreach detailing what we have been saying. Someone is taking note.

Dec 24, 2012
That's is an interesting article, though it does suggest that it is the vaping industry that has the best argument for FDA overreach because their products do not contain tobacco.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I'm a subscriber, but several friends to whom I've sent the link tell me that they've run up against the paywall. Others haven't. Go figure.All that aside, the following quote is germane:

"Unasked will be the question: Has our nicotine prohibition gone too far now that we are trying to ban products that never caused the health problems that prompted the original smoking crackdown? Nicotine is not alcohol or even pot, which is legal in many places. Nicotine is more like caffeine or aspirin—an excellent drug, with few serious side effects (though mildly addictive) and many fine properties: It relieves bad feelings, improves concentration, calms the nerves."

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Click on the link, when the link opens click the stop button, don't wait it to load. If the page is fully loaded, then you will see the paywall. I used to do the same trick with washingtonpost. If you have already opened the link, don't try the method above, it is not going to work. You have to clear cache data to make it work.
I copy pasted the article here, then removed it. I don't know if it is against forum rules, as there were some political touches in the article, just don't want to get banned. I can send it to your email address, just PM me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I think it's more of a copyright issue if you post articles from well known sources in their entirety. Select passages, generally fine.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I cannot get the article to load - if someone emails it to me, I'll put it in my public drop-box and post that link here. PM me for my email.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was able to save the article to PDF. You can download it from this link. It is pretty political of course, so please don't directly post it here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74716036/The%20FDA%E2%80%99s%20Misguided%20Nicotine%20Crusade%20-%20WSJ.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.