PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
Anyone tried old fashioned or london blend ? - in canada they come in 100g tin @ $50.+ ... ( gulp ) ( nice tin )
found larson in all places a cigar shop with men's haberdashery & accessories etc. ... but nowhere else go know - supposed to be similar to mac baron burley london blend -
anyone tried either one ?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I know nothing about the Larson blends, though I have heard they can bite if pushed much. I know about BLB, and I really like that one. Nutty, a light sweetness, and earthy burley goodness. Well worth buying.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Lots of folks here are big fans of BLB, me included. A good, no nonsense, burley tobacco. Nutty and a little chocolaty flavors come through in a slow burning, long ribbon cut tobacco. It smokes great in a cob, or briar. Smoke it slowly so it doesn't bite. One of my two main smokes.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I'm not sure if they ship to Canada but on SmokingPipes.com they are selling Old Fashioned for 14 bucks... At that price you should be able to get both and pay shipping for less then just a single tin.

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
The Old Fashioned is a typical Danish mixture of Virgina and Burley, with a hint of butterscotch aroma, but nothing overpowering. After the tin has been open for a while, even this is gone and only a slight taste of it remains. The cut is Ribbon with 2-3 mm. The strength is light to medium. It comes with ideal moisture for smoking. Some reviews describe it as bland, but I suspect, they were puffing too hard. If smoked hot, it can bite and will loose all flavor. I always have a tin open, and use it for breaking in new pipes, or when I don't like to concentrate too much on the pipe.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
just opened a tin of the burley london blend - awesome tin aroma - absolute enjoyment flavor to bottom of bowl - now i want one of those jumbo bowl pipes for this tobacco.
THANKS GUYS

Status
Not open for further replies.