PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

klause

Evening all,
Today I ran across a pipe that really floated my boat, which, while not an uncommon occurrence, did surprise me a little. Surprising because I usually go for classic Danes, or Old English/Irish type jobbies. The pipe that grabbed my attention was a poker of the stubby variety, carved by Vojko Savor.
This is it: Poker Pipe
I've done a quick search and really only come up with pipe tampers carved by this chap, and a couple of examples of his pipes on eBay, but nothing about the man himself.
All I know so far is that he carves tampers, walking sticks, axe handles, pipes, and hails from Slovakia!
So, has anyone got one of his pipes? If so, what do you think of it?
Thanks in advance.

K

klause

Thanks, Michael.
I've been looking at examples of his work on the web, and I have to say, I'm very impressed.
I notice that he uses a variety of woods for his pipes - I get the feeling the one I've sprung for is Oak.
My curiosity, and impatience, is really starting to get the better of me.............

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Nice pipe but nearly $43 for shipping seems a bit extreme. I guess that's where the money is these days.
Edit: You're in the UK, aren't you, Klause? Still sounds like a lot of money to ship.

K

klause

Papipeguy, not quite - I'm in Ireland. The UK is just a 2 hr drive away, though :)
I queried postage with the seller, and asked if it was possible to get a cheaper rate - he was a total gentleman and shipped for €8. So I got the pipe for €28 posted, with tracking.
A seller I would highly recommend - went above and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.