PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I normally consider myself a heavyweight when it comes to nicotine. I don't think I've "gone green" in over a year. Until this afternoon. One large bowl of Jack Knife plug (2" deep tapered bowl), followed by the same pipe full of SG Black XX Twist. I know most people consider each of those to be medium to strong, but I've not had a problem with either before. Today however, I had eaten about 100 calories for breakfast, no lunch, and started smoking around 1:30. Two hours later and BAM!!!! Had the spins, the upset stomach, the works. Just goes to show, the combination of tobacco along with an empty stomach can wreak havoc with darn near anyone I guess.
Ugh!!!

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Strange you should mention nicotine kicking your butt. This morning I had some G&H Dark Birdseye with my morning coffee and normally I don't feel anything from this blend but this morning it sent me running to the restroom. Strange how we react to certain blends.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Personally, I like mixing them 50/50 and smoke them in a Ben Wade Amber freehand. Good stuff, but never had an issue with the nicotine in the combo.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
A 2 inch deep bowl is probably at least 5 grams worth of tobacco. Next time smoke it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, see if you have built up a tolerance, if not let us know how bad you puked. :lol:

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
A 2 inch deep bowl is probably at least 5 grams worth of tobacco. Next time smoke it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, see if you have built up a tolerance, if not let us know how bad you puked. :lol:
LOL - or how about....not.
I'm going with the sandwich recommendation for next time.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Lol ... always funny when it sneaks up and reminds you who's the boss! :)
I've been rolling my own cigars and smoked one a few weeks back that had extra Ligero in the filler. Well, let me just say that I had to set that stick down and go eat a tablespoon of honey. Spins, nausea and the works! 8O

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Only if you have ever put a big pinch of Skoal in your mouth do you know what nicotine really is.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Food and hydration are really necessary to enjoy tobacco with any detectable nicotine.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I started smoking pipes to get off dipping tobacco, I have never had anything close to the spins from any type of tobacco albeit I've had nicotine running through my veins constantly for about 23 years. I really enjoy smoking pipes much more than dipping and it helps with the cravings but I have not yet fully quit dipping but intend to very soon, maybe my tolerance will drop once I quit.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
If I had any advice here, it's what I give myself: with heady blends, try a smaller bowl if even that means packing halfway. And if the stuff turns out too intense, cut it with something. Royal Yacht blends really well with Hal O' The Wynd or Escudo.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
I started to get a little woozie after 1.5 bowls of Potlatch in my author followed by a bowl of Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture in my Belgium. I am going to try it again tonight!

rknoblauch

Lurker
Feb 19, 2016
I know that if you have low blood sugar levels nicotine will turn you green due to not having enough sugar to metabalize it.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Couple of heavy weights there...you'd have been pickin' my huge self up off the floor!! 8O

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Wow...I had wondered what a heavy nic pipe tobacco would be like--I used to be a cig smoker before discovering the joys of the pipe--but now I'm not so sure I care to find out.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I've been smoking a 60-40 mix of Five Brothers and Royal Yacht all day.
Observations:
(1) This is heavenly
(2) My brain is very calm
(3) When the doors of perception are cleansed, the world appears to man as it actually is, infinite.
No illegal substances were consumed in the making of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.