PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I do love a good burley blend, or burley/Virginia, with condiments, in a corncob pipe. There's something about a cob that just makes burley and burley blends sing. If there's some Cavendish in there, or Turkish, etc., it is all to the good. I'm more undecided, having been away from Virginias for a while (except off and on) how I feel about Virginias or Va/Per in a cob. I always think Virginia is a more delicate flavor experience and speaks better in the confines of briar, but I'm not sure I've ever really observed that, much less smoked and compared. How do you feel about Virginias in a cob?

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I'm with you on the Va/Per in a cob. Absolutely love it. My cellar is ever growing because of it. I guess you could say it is almost like a fine wine when it comes to a cob. The unaltered sweetness that resonates from its small to large bowl just goes well with nearly every tobacco that you put in it. I have yet to try a Turkish tobacco in it but I know it will be worth it.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I love VA’s in my cobs. I think cobs have a great flavour and compliment Virginia blends well. Escudo or Solani 633, in a MM diplomat, for me is perfection.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I smoke all genres in cobs. Never really noticed a difference between types of pipes other than cobs can smoke aros drier than briar.

9mmpuffer

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2018
I've only ever enjoyed Burley tobaccos in a cob... everything else just isn't that enjoyable for me. Uhle's 00 really rocks in a cob.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Virginia’s in cobs are great. Also great in a briar but something different in a cob

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I like VA's and VaPers in my tall cobs, the Generals. It's like a pressure cooker and really simmers the tobacco nicely.
But C&D's OJK and Night Train smoke best in any of my cobs.
Royal Yacht smokes best in a .......... I dunno. I never found it to smoke good in anything. Maybe throw it on a bonfire.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Royal Yacht smokes best in a .......... I dunno. I never found it to smoke good in anything. Maybe throw it on a bonfire.
You would do that to a bonfire? You animal! :rofl:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
You would do that to a bonfire? You animal! :rofl:
1xpvtg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.