Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokecloud84

Lurker
Jun 27, 2019
Bought some Gawith Kentucky Nougat from my local B&M and I liked it a lot, you can taste the citrus and earth from the virginia and the toffee/vanilla from the aromatic gives it a sweet but not too sweet taste, very smooth smoke.

Up until now I've smoked exclusively virginias but after that experience want to try similar virginia/aromatic hybrids. Read good things about Mac Baren - Vanilla Cream Flake/Classic Flake will try that next. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Rum flake?
Probably as close as I'm going to get. Not really my area of expertise.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Rattray's Blossom Temptation is one I like. If nougat is your thing you might like some of the Christmas aromatic offerings.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Mac Baren Classic Flake is a fine blend, but too much vanilla and berries for me. I ended up cutting it with their Navy Flake and it worked like a charm.

I have a tin of Mac Baren's Modern Virginia that I haven't popped yet, but I believe it is an aromatic of some sort. Apricot perhaps.

Samuel Gawith has some, like Firedance Flake, but it gets mixed reviews.

You could always try Grousemoor :crazy:

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Lane MV-1000 is a mild all-Virginia aromatic that is cheap, readily available, & easy to smoke. Tastes great & smells great. I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.