PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Ive tried several bowls of this, and I'm just not impressed. It's an okay smoke, don't get me wrong, but there's just something missing. Is it an aromatic? A straight Virginia? Who knows? I'll finish the tin and I might write a formal review, been awhile since I've done one.
Apologize for any typos, Im typing this on my phone and I have huge hands.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
ithelo, help me a little ... is this a Va/Per? McClellands? What's supposed to be in it? It sounds like one to avoid, but

maybe not.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've got a couple tins of it in the cellar, but I've yet to try any.

It's been a while since I read the description, but I was under the impression that it's mostly Va.

It is actually part of the Craftsbury Collection, so I don't doubt that it's actually a crossover of some sort. Kinda like Deep Hollow, which is actually quite nice.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
To reaffirm what Pete stated, it's a cross-over blend. It's slightly aromatic from what I had experienced. I'm also not impressed with it, but it wasn't bad. A review would be great as I've never read one on this blend. Keep at it.

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
agree on the crossover aspect, which I often enjoy. I like Grey Havens, it was my first tin of tobacco and I still enjoy it. Deep Hollow is also on my list to try. But for some reason this one hasn't grabbed me yet. I'll try it out of a few different shapes and see if that changes things...

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
agree on the crossover aspect, which I often enjoy. I like Grey Havens, it was my first tin of tobacco and I still enjoy it. Deep Hollow is also on my list to try. But for some reason this one hasn't grabbed me yet. I'll try it out of a few different shapes and see if that changes things...

Status
Not open for further replies.