PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I mostly smoke flake tobaccos, but I'd love to find a great Va/VaPer in a ribbon cut. I need something easy to pack from a leather pouch while driving. Any recommendations? I prefer darker (red) and stoved Virginia blends.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yea Orion's arrow is amazing.
Cosmic! Guess What!
You need to try C&D Dreams of Kadath and Mad Fiddler. The virginias over there are getting really interesting.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
for a nice variety of combinations of varietals mostly VA and Perique, the D&R line is quite satisfying:

Rimboche S.J.

Rimboche A.P.

Rimboche A.B.

Picayune - if you're driving with this in your bowl, you'd better be sure to have a beverage with, and maybe a piece of chocolate, cuz it's got a nic hit.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I’ll second Rich Virginia Ribbon by McClelland!! My favorite ribbon

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Also Stave Aged 35 by McClelland is awesome. Just don’t smoke the chunk of wood in the tin

Ohhhh, Laurel Heights is absolutely one of my favorites, but I put it in the latakia range. It has a hint of latakia that I denied was ever even there till Greg himself posted on the forum that each tin has like a pinch of latakia dust in it, making the Virginia chewy and leathery. It is about as much latakia as I would want sometimes, and made me actually stop saying that I despised it altogether.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That sounds delicious. To my mind, Latakia is most effective in small doses, as it is able to "breathe" (unscientific, I know) and thus become a distinct flavor instead of overwhelming everything else.
But I might just be unreasonably influenced by this Early Morning Pipe. I like it, but who boiled out the Nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.