PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I don't smoke aros at all....till this one. Two big bowls in an 1987 Ashton XXX Dublin. The tin smells just like a bottle of real vanilla extract when opened. The rest of the way it was a very good quality Virginia taste. I'm going put this in my lineup and would encourage others to give this a try. Especially if you're like me and don't like aros.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
Well said.
VC is the "aro" for those who do not like goopy aros.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tobacco forward aros are the ones to smoke, for non-aromatic smokers. Which outfit blends this? I don't remember seeing it.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I mentioned this before on the forum, but want to say it again. I've smoked a pipe for over 40 years and stuck with English blends (and more recently) Dark Fired Kentucky-heavy stuff the entire time. Until now. Greg's Virginia Cream has enough flavor for a guy like me, doesn't ghost a pipe or leave sticky residues, and has a wonderful Vanilla + Graham Cracker room note. It also burns great and stays cool. Definitely give some a test drive. Don't let the fact that it is technically an aro put you off. They are NOT created equal.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I have to say that this is what an aro should be, not the goopy crap I started smoking when I was younger. Right out of the tin it's smoke-able. No drying needed. I'll be interested to see if he creates an encore to this blend.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I'm assuming, as this is a brand new blend, that we are all smoking tins from the same batch. If this is the case, I'm wondering what you fine folk think of the moisture content right out of the tin?
I've only had a couple of bowls of this blend so far but am having troubles keeping it lit. This may be for several reasons of course, packing, tamping, cadence et al. But if we are all in fact smoking the same batch this could provide an interesting opportunity to get feedback on what a good level of moisture content is from some of the more seasoned pipers..

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
This blend is getting a lot of positive feedback. Add another one to my must try list. :puffy:

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I do enjoy some aros, and normally smoke Mac Baren Vanilla Cream. I had read the pre-reviews about Pease's new blend and was cautious at first, but I purchased a tin of this from my local shop the day after they received their shipment.
This blend hits all of the right notes for those who love an aromatic, and also gives me a good solid taste of the virginia leaf as well. I've already purchased another few tins for my rotation.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'm curious about a comparison of this The Virginia Cream with Autumn Evening, another VA based aro produced by C&D.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Everything I read about it before said the predominant scent and flavoring is bourbon, which I happen to detest to the point the smell of it makes me want to puke. So I haven't even considered trying this blend. But now in this thread nobody mentions bourbon, just vanilla graham crackers. Which is it?

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
We smoked Virginia Cream with Greg Pease as part of this month's tobacco crawl. It was a hit. But so were all of his blends we tried.
This link will take you to the page where we began smoking VC. (I'm a vet. Some of you will remember using the term smoking vc's 30 or so years ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.