Vintage Tins Spotted - And, Full Member Status!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
A couple of posts, rolled into one for your connivence - or lessened annoyance :D
I was out at an Architectural Salvage warehouse (place where people donate used cabinets, windows, fire mantels, bathtubs, fixtures, etc.) today, looking for some scrap windows for one of my wife's projects when I happened upon some interesting vintage tobacco tins:
Bagley's WildFruit Tobacco - Wikipedia page about Bagley

249143_839635287763_1810993570_n.jpg

Model Smoking Tobacco

970757_839634594153_142328118_n.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't end up picking them up. The place was asking too much for them, IMO. But, I was fortunate to find a nice solution to my problem of where to store my growing collection of pipes and tobaccos - especially since they have been living in a place with too much direct sun. Well, as I was searching around, I happened on a nice little side cabinet for a measly $35. It now has a nice home, and is also a nice home for my pipe stuff. Please ignore the gaming contraption, it just fit better there...
Exterior

2013-05-16-162400-393x600.jpg

(The thing on top is an old style tool chest that I keep my collection of fossils in - mostly paleobotany samples and unconsolidated marine specimens I collected myself)
Interior

2013-05-16-162506-600x450.jpg

(Plenty of room for expansion on the bottom self!)
--
Finally!
Made full member status on the forums today, oddly excited about that... Well, this FM forum has helped me out quite a bit (due to both the sage advice of the members and the comprehensive library of past threads). I just hope I've contributed some myself!
Cheers.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Congrats on your status change. :clap:

You may now wear the Official PipesMagazine.com Propeller Beanie

Propellerbeanie-1.jpg

When you achieve the Preferred Member status you will receive a life size poster of Himself wearing pasties and a thong.

pstlpkr.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
My grandma's maiden name is Bagley...hmmm I wonder if it was produced in either Boston or Ireland.

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
Nice cabinet. Just a question to consider. I collect ancient coins. The preferred wood for coin storage is mahogany because it doesn't emit acidic fumes from the sap. The worst is oak which has a lot of fumes and will turn silver into a gun metal gray. I don't know if that has any barring on pipes other than if you have a nice sterling silver band on your pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.