PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Just won this on ebay for next to nothing, so even if the tobacco isn't great I didn't spend much on it. I've never smoked any of their tobaccos anyway so it seems like a win win to me.
Ebay

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
congrats...I almost bid on a tin of that stuff because the price was so low, but I know nothing about the blend

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
I have no clue what its going to be like, but hope its going to be worth how little it cost me as its less than what I pay for 50 grams here. Will report back when it has arrived and I've had a good chance to sample it.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I bought a sample of their tobaccos from PAC.com when I first got into smoking pipes and they were decent...Hope it works out for you and you enjoy it!
30 year old tobacco? Let us know how it is! I'm curious

bassem

Might Stick Around
Nov 20, 2009
Good tobacco (Virginia & Burley). I had a 15 year old tin which I consumed couple of years ago. It was very good. Enjoy and DO let us know once you tried it.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
I opened the tin about an hour ago. As I broke the seal the hiss made it obvious that this tin was still very well sealed. The tobacco inside is a bit drier than I'm used to but then again I've only been smoking plug and aromatic tobaccos. I smoked a bowl in a pipe that I have recently been smoking cherry tobacco, so I can't completely speak for the taste at the moment as it appears there was added sweetness from the ghost that's living in the pipe at the moment, but I can say that it is a very mild tobacco in flavor and it burns extremely well and I didn't get any bite, which I'm pretty amazed with as I'm fairly new to pipe smoking, but then again the tobacco burned very cool in my pipe. The room note is pleasant, but definitely not the nicest smelling tobacco I have smoked. The Mick McQuaid plug I've been smoking smells much nicer, but then again the Mick McQuaid plug has a casing on it that is way more apparent than anything in this tobacco, if it is in fact cased at all. I'll smoke this for a while and report back anything else that I pick up on it. I must say, for the price I payed (less than half what I would pay for 100g of tobacco here) I am pleased with my purchase. Plus I like the fact that the tin is old enough that there are no warnings on the packaging at all.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Smoking an old tobacco is very cool. I found a 35 year-old tin od MacBaren's Scottish Mixture at my parents house last spring and it was an incredible smoke. The extreme aging did it well. Enjoy your find as they don't come along very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.