PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiesavant

Lurker
Apr 19, 2019
Hello! I'm a new member learning about pipes. I recently acquired a vintage pipe in a lot at an auction that is marked Marquette Made in France but can not find anything in google results...get hits for Marquette University...a pipe maker Just off U.S. Highway 41 outside of Marquette but nothing about a brand of French pipes called Marquette.

Does anyone know anything about French pipes made by or marked Marquette? Thank you in advance! Happy smoking!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Photos are very important in sleuthing....
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos in the "Latest Discussions" box,

LINK to that thread

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Even pipedia doesn't know anything about it. I have never heard about the brand, but maybe because I don't like french pipes so I don't read or research about them. To upload pictures here I use Photobucket.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The largest pipe manufacturing center in France is St. Claude. I think there are about ten major pipe manufacturers, and probably about as many smaller ones, not all in St. Claude. This is perhaps a secondary brand to one of the big companies like Chacom, BC, Genod, or Vuillard. I have found that French pipes nearly always well exceed their price point in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.