PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2017
Hello all! I have collection of Sealed Vintage dunhill tobacco tins and I am curious as to their value.

The tins are about 20 years old and the seals seem to be strong.

I've got EMP, NC, RY, MM965, London Mixture, Standard Mild, & some Standard Medium.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Since you have them and I don't, no value to me.
Check sites where they are being sold and see what people are actually paying for tins. The asking price is more or less immaterial.
Or, wait a bit and someone here will most likely do the "footwork" for you.

May 24, 2017
Forgot that one could search completed ebay listings. Seems that sealed tins of MY mixture 965 are selling for $90 consistently. Color me surprised!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
There are several vendors who will take the whole lot, sell it for you, and take a fee. I think pipestud does this. I want to say he is an advertiser here. With all the time I spend here I should already know, but anyway. One benefit is that you don't have to deal with cheap goobers like myself, or shipping, or any of the transactions.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
The advantage of using someone like the site sponsor Pipestud is that you send him rhe product, he sets the price based on experience and after the sale he cuts you a check-commission.
The disadvantage to a site like Ebay is thst they forbid tobacco sales and your ad can be removed. Plus the added steps of packaging the sale and possibly having it sent back to you.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Some of the Murray's product goes for pretty good cash, assuming that the tins are in tip top condition. The benefit of consignment as apposed to eBay is that you have no protection with eBay since every tin you sell is in violation of their rules. So if a buyer complains, eBay will claw back the payment and you're out of luck. It's happened to a few sellers here. Consignment will cost you a percentage, but a dealer like Pipestud has an international following and he sets very good prices for the merchandise that he sells, and he handles every aspect of the transaction.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Why not wait until you have 100 posts on the forums and sell them here?

Status
Not open for further replies.