PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunonut

Lurker
Jan 20, 2016
Hi,

In my desire to find special finishes that are not seen elsewhere, and have some pipes a personal touch, I thought about creating pipes to look a bit vintage, all smooth, ebonit or acrylic amber stems, and an old ring chiseled. I use pre-turned stummels for this serie. Here is the result
Thank you for your comments and for your opinions !
Bruno
IMG_7308.jpg

IMG_7383.jpg

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
I think they look nice Bruno. :)
Maybe call them Vintage Style or Classic Style or something along those lines? From the title I was expecting to see actual old pipes instead of new pipes with retro styling. Just my $0.02. Beautiful pipes though, I especially like the ebonite stem. I don't like acrylic stems (personal preference) and when buying new, vulcanite is one of my criteria.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I think I fell in love with the middle pipe in the second picture. What do you call that?

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Extremely convincing pipes. A fine job well done. I personally find the rings too ornate, but hey that's just me.
I don't like acrylic stems (personal preference) and when buying new, vulcanite is one of my criteria.
I'm a big fan of the durability and low maintenance of acrylic stems(personal preference).

brunonut

Lurker
Jan 20, 2016
@dottiewarden : I understand that some people don't like the rings, it's... special and very ornamental indeed
@randelli : I don't know, a mix between pear and Apple maybe :D

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I think those pipes are totally magnificent... absolutely splendid! And I really like the ornamentation... makes it kind of seem like 19th century men's club material! Anyways, my sincerest compliments!

jerry

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The finishes match nicely with the stems and the metal work contrasts perfectly, making a very handsome combination.

Too fancy for this old laborer, but I respect their presentation.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Very good looking pipes. The chiseled rings are a nice touch.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Wow!! Those pipes are excellent Bruno. I think you have really captured the look and feel of older pipes with the ornate trim rings and the amber colored stems. If you told me they were made in 1910 and you just restored them, I would believe you.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Nice work!! I thought they were vintage before I read your entire post. That bent billiard in the first photo is tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.